Luck

"TRUE LOVE"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the course of the morning, Sung Kyu discovers another side of Woo Hyun; one where seriousness, strength, and professionalism come to the fore when she watches the man work so dedicatedly in his office. That doesn't surprise him that much, but it does make Kim admire him more. Well, Nam looks so different from that perspective that he can't help but think that it makes him even more attractive.
     At lunchtime, Woo Hyun invites him to the restaurant in front of the building. A nice and cozy place, with simple but delicious food.
     "Now that we are family, I think we should get to know each other better. Do not you believe it?" Woo Hyun mentions while he calmly eats his chicken stew. Sung Kyu looks at him sadly, although he doesn't hesitate to nod almost immediately. "Do you have any hobbies?" He questions, quite interested.
     "Well, as you've already noticed, I'm a bit reserved. From time to time I listen to music and I like to read. Your library is fantastic, by the way."
     Nam smiles at the comment and the imaginary butterflies in Kim's stomach flutter more insistently.
     "Thank you."
     "I hope you don't mind that I spend a lot of time on it."
     "No way. Nice to know that someone else enjoys those books."
     Sung Kyu nods again and notices a hint of nostalgia in his eyes, which reminds him of what Woo Hyun said to him days ago while they were having breakfast.
     "Is it true that you like the cold?" Sung Kyu asks suddenly. And right away his cheeks start to heat up, but he's doing his best to control his nervousness.
     "It is," Woo Hyun replies sincerely.
     "So, why did you go to the beach on your honeymoon?" He asks, although he regrets the moment he asked that. It really is something that he doesn't care about. However, Woo Hyun smiles again and fixes his eyes on Sung Kyu with confidence.
     "Because it's what Sung Jong likes. And sometimes you have to sacrifice things that you like to make your partner happy."
     Sung Kyu listens carefully and frowns. That explanation sounds so ambiguous. Woo Hyun doesn't seem like the type of person capable of being manipulated, or does love mean making the other happy no matter what you want?
     No.
     That doesn't convince Sung Kyu, and he knows that his immature brother does not seem to care what Woo Hyun feels as long as he has what he wants., but, the man loves him. Woo Hyun loves him so much that all he cares about is making Sung Jong happy.
     Sung Kyu thinks that if he were Woo Hyun's husband and not his younger brother, he would make sure to make him the happiest man in the world. However, he has decided that he, at all costs, will help Sung Jong so that his marriage does not fail, even if his heart is breaking more and more.
     "You're very right, Woo Hyun," he ends up saying, although he's not really convinced.
     For Sung Kyu, love is not just sacrifice, but he does not expect his brother to think the same as him, much less to do something about it.
     "Sung Jong's birthday will be soon. Do you know what you are going to give him?" Kim continues with the talk, hoping to lighten the mood.
     "I've decided to give you a car. I think he needs a personal means of transportation. There will be times when our driver cannot take him and I think it will help him a lot. What do you think, Sung Kyu?"
     And, if it weren't for Woo Hyun being very serious, Sung Kyu would have laughed, since Sung Jong doesn't know how to drive. Perhaps the man does not know. Maybe Sung Jong has lied to him and said yes. If anything, maybe a little more responsibility suits his younger brother.
     "I think Sung Jong will love it."

 

     

     Myung Soo has spent the entire morning in Woo Hyun's studio, painting; and he feels somewhat melancholic to return to the house that belonged to his parents. It has been many years since he left, and since then he had not had the courage to return.
     The employees have made sure that the mansion remains the same, as when his mother took care of it, with all the flowers in the gardens and the same light colors on the walls. His father also played his part, especially collecting books that he used to read to him when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter