Divorce

"TRUE LOVE"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sung Kyu and Woo Hyun arrive at the mansion, they find the family doctor instructing Sung Jong to take care of his mother. The eldest of the Kim brothers does not know what happens because his brother did not even bother to call him, so once Sung Jong dismisses the doctor at the door, Sung Kyu approaches him so that the young man explains what happens.
     "Mom fainted."
     "What? Why?" Sung Jong sighs worriedly before pursing his lips.
     He doesn't want to tell Sung Kyu the truth and for him to berate him too; furthermore, Woo Hyun is there and Sung Jong is not willing to let things get worse.
     "I don't know. The doctor said that she might be too stressed out,” he lies and Sung Kyu raises an eyebrow.
     "Stressed? But, I have seen her in a better mood than ever. That cannot be... I'll go see her."
     "No, Sung Kyu! The doctor said to let her rest,” Sung Jong says, however, his older brother ignores him, heading up the stairs.
     When he's in front of the door, he gives a couple of knocks, but he doesn't hear an answer and he just walks in.
     "Mother?" He pronounces slowly, and she doesn't answer, although the young man notices that she is awake. "Mom, are you okay? Sung Jong said you fainted. What's wrong?"
     And the woman's tears run down her pronounced cheekbones. Then Sung Kyu becomes even more concerned and approaches her to touch her forehead, sitting on the edge of the bed.
     "What's going on?" He insists, and suddenly the woman sits up, holding his shirt tightly.
     "Sung Kyu, do something, please," she begs with tears running down her chin.
     "What are you talking about?"
     "I'm talking about Sung Jong and Myung Soo. They are... lovers. They've been cheating on Woo Hyun for a while now,” she confesses and those words fall like hail on Sung Kyu. "Sung Jong has said that he wants to divorce. Sung Kyu, don't let him do it. Don't let your brother part with Woo Hyun!"
     And he is stunned for a few seconds, but then fury overcomes him because he can't believe what his mother has said. After all that has been sacrificed for Sung Jong to be happy with Woo Hyun, something like that couldn't be happening. He can't believe his brother has dared to do it.
     "Don't worry, Mom. Sung Jong won't leave Woo Hyun,” he declares confidently, and his mother flops back onto the bed as Sung Kyu stands up.
     In seconds, the woman sees him leave the room and sighs in tranquility, although she's not quite sure what will happen between her sons; however, she feels that she can trust Sung Kyu to fix things.

As he leaves his mother's room, Sung Kyu pauses in the hall for a moment and, the memory of his friend Sung Yeol and what he said to him at the fashion show, returns to his mind. Until this moment, he was incredulous of his words, but everything has made sense with the explanation of his mother.
     Then, the fury does not wait to swirl in his chest and Sung Kyu continues his way to the room of his younger brother, because he has heard that Woo Hyun and he have entered.
     Once in front of the door, he takes a deep breath of air and knocks it gently.
     "Sung Kyu," says his brother-in-law when opening.
     "Woo Hyun, I'm sorry to bother you, but, could I speak to my brother alone? Please."
     "Of course. I'll go to the library."
     And he comes out of the room, Sung Kyu hears him coming down the stairs and then locks the door behind him. Sung Jong looks at him in surprise and can't help the anger from showing on his face.
     "Mom told you, right?"
     "Of course she told me! What the hell were you thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter