Chapter 17

11:11 wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys…before you read this, I have to say something.

This story was written 3 years ago. Yes, I started writing it on 19th Aug 2018. And the last chapter was written on 4th Nov 2018. So, this is going to be the last chapter. And I was thinking of making it into two. But I couldn’t. I had no time. And I was so close to deactivating my Asianfanfic account or Wattpad account. But I couldn’t. I don’t want to leave you guys hanging.

I am having a very busy life and don’t even have time to stop and breathe. And I apologize that I couldn’t fix much for this final chapter. 

“Hyung, you know, you have been standing in front of the mirror for one and a half hour,” Vernon said shaking his head. “Go with the pink hoodie. I am telling you. Mingyu hyung will just melt right there.”

“I am not dressing up for him.” he shot a glare to Vernon who is grinning hard. “And why are you smiling?”

“Well, I am happy. Not just me, the guys are happy for you two, too.”

“Yo, we are not dating. There is nothing to be happy about,” he said and before Vernon could say anything, he quickly changes the topic.

“When is Soonyoung coming?”

“Soonyoung hyung won’t come here. Didn’t he tell you? He is picking up Jihoon hyung and come to the theatre straight.” Wow... this must be what betrayal felt like when friends get themselves, boyfriends, and girlfriends.

“That head didn’t tell me a thing. He didn’t even tell me that he is dating that guy.”

“They are not dating yet. But you know, those two are faster than you two.” Vernon said and threw him a pink hoodie which he has thrown on the floor. 

“I am not wearing this.”

“Oh, come on. You look cute in pink. Just go change already. And wear this for the pant.” Vernon threw a pair of pants to him.

“This jeans is ripped!”

“So? Of course, it is ripped. It’s a ripped jeans. Otherwise, they are going to call it well-covered jeans or something.”

Wonwoo looks at the so-called ripped jeans that Vernon mentioned. It is torn more than it is supposed to be.

“The cinema is cold!” he insisted. Being cold in cinema is not the main reason. He is not going to wear the ripped jeans in front of Mingyu, skin is showing too much.

“Oh, come on. It’s already 8:20. You know we have to wait for nearly 30 minutes if we miss the bus which is coming in 10 minutes. Now go change.” Vernon said as he impatiently shoved Wonwoo with the hoodie and the pants into the bathroom.

So, after another 5 minutes of bickering, Wonwoo decided to give up and wore what Vernon told him to wear.

Okay, Wonwoo looks cute now. But so, what? It does not mean Mingyu will completely fall for him. There is absolutely no way that Mingyu likes him although Wonwoo was confused with the kisses made in the alley. Wonwoo blushes in pink when the memory of Mingyu’s hand runs across his cheeks before pressing his lips on his skin. It was warm. Wonwoo loved it.

But signs are confusing, everyone knows that. Mingyu has been treating him like since high school. Just because Mingyu bought him banana milk every time he is upset or took him to stargaze in the middle of a basketball court or hugged him in the school laboratory room or planted small kisses on his cheek and forehead in the alley… Just because Mingyu does those things, does not mean he likes Wonwoo. Those are just confusing signs because in the end, Wonwoo knows he will be all alone.

“Hyung, let’s go. It’s our stop.” Vernon pokes him on his shoulder, waking him up from dwelling in the thoughts. As Wonwoo got off from the bus, his eyes got caught in another pair of eyes looking at him at the corner of the bus stop.

Wonwoo has lost in words when he saw Mingyu in white tees with black jeans. Wonwoo gulped as his eyes followed the shoulder muscles only to meet those strong arms which he was held in yesterday. Oh, God.

“Hey” Mingyu smiles with eyes soften. Wonwoo has lost in words again.

“Stop staring. You are being so gay, bro.” he flinched as Soonyoung whispered into his ears.

“H-hi,” he spoke and before Mingyu could approach him, he quickly looked away and hide between Soonyoung and Vernon.

But hiding among friends is not helping when they got him a couple seat with Mingyu. Wonwoo mentally killed Chan who arranged the ticket. He tried to sit as far as he can from Mingyu. Since when did the couple seats become this small and too far from the single seats?

He couldn’t dare to look to his left side because he could see Mingyu is staring at him from the corner of his eyes. How will he survive for two and a half hours?

As soon as the lights go dim, Mingyu whispers into his ears “You look cute.”

“T-thanks?” he said before he quickly added; “You look good too.” But that only brings regrets to him immediately as he saw Mingyu smile. Why did you even say that Wonwoo?

“Thank you.” Mingyu cleared his throat and adjusted the way he sits, but from what Wonwoo noticed, Mingyu just pushed himself closer to the shorter.

Too close, too close.

The rest of the movies went not so well when Wonwoo, without knowingly, rested his hand on Mingyu’s thighs. That was one embarrassing moment of his life that he will never forget. It wasn’t his fault that the movie has jump scares and Mingyu was sitting so close to him.

“You don’t like thriller movies?” Mingyu whispers as he gradually took Wonwoo’s hand and locked in his own. “I will hold you if you are scared.”

Oh, no. Okay now, Wonwoo is scared for two reasons. One, the guy with the hammer in the movie. Two, the guy who is sitting next to him, holding his hand and softly drawing circles with his thumb on Wonwoo’s palm only to calm him down.

Those are traps. Traps that will bring Wonwoo down to rock bottom again. He quickly checks the time. 10:45 pm. Okay, 45 minutes to go.

“Wonwoo.” he winced a little when Mingyu suddenly touched his cheeks and leaned towards him. What is he doing?

“W-what are you doing?” he asked weakly.

“...I like you.” Wonwoo's eyes widen to the confession. “What?” he whisper-shouted.

“I am sorry that I made you feel terrible. I am sorry that I hurt you.” Mingyu said as he brings himself closer to the shorter until their forehead touches.

“I am sorry that I told you so many things that I don’t even mean to say.”

“Mingyu...what are you d-” he tried to push the taller away but fail as usual or is it that Wonwoo becomes weak in front of Mingyu?

“Do you hate me now?” Mingyu’s voice is overwhelmed with desperation. The light is faint, but Wonwoo could see those eyes of Mingyu staring at his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter