007

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

𝑁𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟

          Earlier that night, a car was speeding its way back to where it came from. The red colored, shiny vehicle was zooming through the cold night. It could have woken up the people living nearby as it passes, but no one seemed to complain. 

          The driver was too calm to even notice how noisy he was. He was a free bird, his mind was free, and his body and soul were too. It sounded like he was the most problem free person in the world.

         Right when he was about to arrive at his house, he spotted seven figures laughing along while walking on the empty road. He squinted his eyes a little bit, trying to get a closer view at who they were and when he did, he smiled.

          He honked his car's horn, earning the boy's attention. He can sense the confused look on his students face, and he knew what they were thinking. Being born in a family of peculiar children, he was lucky enough to be gifted with mind reading. He chuckled at what their thoughts. Some of them were asking who he was and some of them were complimenting his beautiful car. What can he say? She is a beauty. When he couldn't take their questions anymore, he spoke, 

"Yah! You kids!"

"Yah! Isn't that Mr. Kim's voice?"

"How can you be so sure, Jake hyung?"

"I think he's right Sunoo, he pretty much sounded like Mr. Kim."

          "Kids, it's me." Seokjin yelled as they followed his orders even though some felt a little hesitant at first. "Woah! Nice ride." Jay complimented as the older chuckled. "Thank you. By the way, why are you guys here? I don't remember you guys living somewhere around." He asked, raising a brow at them. 

          "Oh, we just dropped a friend at her house." Niki immediately replied as the others nodded their heads. "And who could that be?" The older asked curiously. The guys looked at each other before Heeseung spoke up. "It's Haemin, Mr. Kim. Yoo Haemin. I don't know if you know her, she's not really known at school." He said while rubbing the back of his neck.

Yoo Haemin.  

          Of course he knows her, she was in his class. He also remembered that she was the one living next to theirs. He also knows her as the person who doesn't talk at all. He then shook his head while chuckling. "No, I know her. She's actually in my physical education class. It's the teacher's job to know their students remember? Even if she wasn't well known to the school nor she had a low profile, I still would know her name, at least I know that she exist." 

         The older smiled while the others nodded in understanding. "Yeah. You're right Mr. Kim, even if people look at her like she's nothing, she just kind of feel something different for us; something special." Jungwon said with a smile.

         Seokjin was taken aback on what the latter had said. He was happy that humans weren't that bad, on what those stories he had heard about them. Some old vampires think that humans are monsters, but he had proved them wrong. Even though he himself is a vampire, he did not want to judge. 

         He hated the way people judged other people. He knows that what's deep within the heart is what matters. He patted Jungwon's shoulder before speaking, "I should probably get going, you guys go home and don't make trouble." Seokjin sternly said as the seven figures saluted him after. 

"Yes sir!"

         He chuckled at their childishness, "Now go run along! See you kids at school." He got inside his car before zooming his way back home after bidding the boys goodbye. He was happy. Maybe life on Earth wasn't a bad thing at all in the beginning. He remembered that he once arrived with the others on Earth when he was just 14 years old in human age.

         Once he arrived at his home, he heard his friend's happy voice from the inside. "It was really weird, I swear. I have never seen someone owned such bracelet besides the majesty himself." Seeing Taehyung clutch unto his hair as the other looked quite baffled and confused than the man at the door, Taehyung then let out another sigh. 

          "Something about that girl just makes me want to pull the hairs out of my head, this life is confusing I tell you!" Seokjin sighed at the site of his younger friend before he shook his head.

          "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" Looking at the nearest person on his right, Hoseok then shrugged his shoulders before he turned his attention at the curious latter. "Apparently, Taehyung here had believed that our cranky next door neighbor could be the person we are looking for." Seokjin raised a brow at what he had said before he shifted his gaze from Hoseok then unto Taehyung. 

         "You mean the princess?" He asked as he looked back at Hoseok again as the latter nodded his head. "Yes, the princess." The latter confirmed before he made his way to sit on the couch beside Jungkook.

          "What made you think of such a thing? And what is this about a bracelet?" Taehyung looked up at the older as he stood up, his eyes never leaving Seokjin's as the others could only watch the two. "Haemin has this bracelet that has the royal stone as its charm. I've never seen anyone own a bracelet except the King, I've seen it around his wrist a two or three. Isn't it quite weird?" Seokjin felt his gaze dilate as he focused more on what Taehyung had said, that couldn't possibly be true right? Yet he felt that hope was still there inside him.

         "So, what's our plan? Besides the bracelet, what could be another legit proof that she is the princess we seek?" The older sat down beside Namjoon on the other couch, leaning his back against the softness of the cushion. 

          "I don't know, you're the eldest here and not me." The other shrugged his shoulders, making the said older slump down in defeat. And for the first time in his life, he had felt that he wasn't some older brother at the moment, which scared him quite a bit.

          "Oh! I remember the Professor mentioned something about her having abilities like us Vampires. Maybe we can find out if she really does have them? I don't know, it's just out of the blue." Jungkook pouted lightly as the others were quite amused at their youngest, "That's actually not a bad idea, and we could try it though." Yoongi nodded his head before giving the youngest a light pat on the shoulder. 

         "Okay, it's final. We'll observe her for a couple of days and by the end of the week, we'll all have a meeting about our individual updates." The others nodded their head at their leader and minutes after that, they all had dispersed to their own rooms.

 

𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑘𝑜𝑜𝑘

          I was sitting at the edge of my balcony as I stared at the night sky above me. Can Taehyung hyung be right? Was Haemin the long lost princess all along? I, myself couldn't help but agree to it. I didn't know why but when I first met Haemin, I felt this familiar aura around her that I just can't help but shrug off. I knew the reason that I was brought up to this world that I had a duty to uphold, to protect the princess with all my being. 

          But when I saved her that night, the night when she needed help and I happened to hear her, that was the night that something changed within me. I didn't know what had gotten in my system for helping her, she did nothing but be plain rude to all of us. But why can't I get myself to hate her like the other people would do?

          While I was gazing up at the sky, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter