018

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haemin

          I woke to the throbbing pain of my arms, reaching up to rub it against the warmness of my palm. With a soft yet loud groan, I sat up. I slowly blinked my eyes, trying to adjust my vision and noticed that everything around me was somewhat see through and wet, can that be even possible?

          And when my eye vision had fully adjusted, my eyes widen at where I was. I screamed, realizing that I was on top of some rock in the middle of the ocean. "God help me!" I screamed again but much more loudly because of fear. I looked around from left to right and noticed that there weren’t any land that was connecting to the said rock that I was standing at, suddenly feeling something turn at the pit of my stomach.

“This isn’t happening to me—”

         I soon imagined how much of an ugly scene to have this rock as a death bed, considering that it’s in the middle of nowhere in the vast ocean that I do not even know where. As I stared at the ocean’s water, I suddenly felt sicker that I already am. If there was one thing I wouldn’t like as a reason for my death, it’d be drowning. First and foremost, I can’t swim hence giving me the opportunity to see death in less than a minute. Feeling the softness of water trail down my cheeks, I knew I was crying because of too much fear I am currently feeling. Because in reality, I'm afraid of what's below the water.

          "Help me!" I yelled in desperation, hoping anyone could hear me but as always, no one would answer, every time. I kept on screaming, yelling for anyone to come and get me but there wasn't any response. With a stressed out air that I had breathed out, I slowly collapsed back down on the hard rock. Starring down as I let the tears pour down my face.

          "Why do these stuffs always happen to me? Am I really born with such bad luck?" I questioned myself and noticed that maybe, I was probably right. Maybe I was destined to die but was luckily able to escape my deaths; that's impossible. But either way, that wouldn’t change the fact that life is slowly making me suffer in any way possible it gives. It hates me and I don’t even know why, no one actually.

          Staring at the vast ocean in front of me, I knew it was time. I knew I had to do something; I wasn’t just going to make life put me down. If this is a test, then I don’t mind swimming to my death. With small little moves, I slowly crawled towards the edge as I bit down my bottom lip.

           But before I could even keep going on my said plan, I then suddenly felt something move from behind, slowly turning around to look at the source of the noise, seeing that I was staring at a pair of shoes; pointed in front of me. I hesitantly traced it to the top as I saw his pants, then up to his shirt and finally onto his face. His features had me agape, it was mesmerizing and exotic. It’s not normal to see stuffs like this happen in your life right? I mean, just right at the verge of your death comes a handsome man dressed in all black standing in front of you.

          “Are you…okay?" He spoke as if he had pulled me out of my trance of thoughts, bending down until his knees were touching the giant rock beneath him, blinking down at me as he had his hands slowly reaching out in mid-air, cautious enough to catch me since I was pretty much on the edge.

          One swift move on my place then you’d see me swimming for dear life. "Why am I here?" A light sob had escaped in between my lips as I looked up at the stranger in front of me, desperate enough to know why I am even here in this weird place and how magically appeared out of nowhere when I clearly remember that nothing was connecting this damned rock.

          "You’re human.” Not expecting the said kind of response, I looked at him weirdly as if he had knocked out his head before coming here. But the way he looked at me was different; it was like he was really being serious on what he had just said. "O-Of course I'm human, what do you think I am?" I asked him, debating whether or not should I trust this man with some more words I had spoken. Standing up from my place as I slowly wiped the tears off of my face as I realized that I had slowly calmed down.

          "I thought you were one of us when you called." He replied with a shrug, standing up as he dusted the dirt on his knee area. "W-What?" I couldn’t understand at all. It was whether he was talking nonsense or my brain decided to go slow this time. "I'll explain later. But first, let me get you out of here." He said as he started to walk slowly towards me, reaching out to offer his hand. I stared at it for a while, debating whether or not should I let myself being dragged into this person’s unknown life.

          "How would I know if I could trust you?" I questioned him with a hard face, looking up at him. He rolled his eyes before releasing a light chuckle, walking more closely as he decided to not say anything. I backed away further until I felt the rough edge of the rock underneath my feet, it was a dead end. I bite down on my bottom lip as I released that the more I moved, the nearer I was getting to see my death. But the weight I had carried, one part of it had snapped and cracked.

           Slipping from behind me as a scream was evident in the situation, I was falling. I screamed at the top of my lungs, closing my eyes and waited for the water to hit my body and let it fall into the midst of the abyss; but nothing came.

I felt something warm wrapped around my body, hot breathes on the side of my ear. I hesitantly opened my eyes, seeing the stranger from earlier already smiling down at me as his black hair had shine under the sun’s rays. "Do you trust me now?" He asked with a hint of playfulness in his tone. But when I looked down, I noticed we were standing on nothing but total air.

We were flying.

           "Oh !" I squealed, contemplating whether should I scold myself from letting out a loud curse. But shrugged it anyway as I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly "P-Please just don’t—don’t let go." I murmured with a stutter as I started to shake under his tight hold, burying my face on his chest as I felt him pat my back. 

"Never." He said before I felt the air around us rose.

           Sooner or later, I felt like we were going down slowly as I felt the ground below my feet. I pulled away from him and looked at our surroundings, gaping at the beautiful site around me. I noticed that we were in some kind of grassland, but it wasn't all grasses, they were also filled with flowers. I slowly looked back at the latter, seeing him standing casually in his place. I then asked "How did you do that?" He chuckled at the sudden question, reaching out to pat my head and that's where I noticed at how tall he was. "We're both different, kid." He said with a smile.

Different?

         But before I could even ask further or even protest at the kind the kind of name he had used on me, someone suddenly appeared on the side making me jump in surprise. I clutched my beating heart, looking at the person beside me shock. “Did I scare you? S-Sorry." He bowed, scratching the back of his neck as I heard him let out a chuckle. I continued to stare at the latter bowing before I saw him letting out a cheeky smile, turning his attention back at the stranger who had saved me earlier.

          “Yah Sehun-ah, who’s this?” He asked as the male only shrugged his shoulders, in a more casual way again. “Don’t know, but she’s human.” He added as my attention went back to his statement again.

Human? What was that supposed to mean?

          I was about to ask another question when five more appeared, shocking the daylights out of me again. One wore glasses, one had a cap on, one was wearing a hooded cape, the other had his hands tucked inside his pockets, and the last one was holding a bouquet of flowers. "U-Umm…” I looked at them awkwardly, fiddling with my fingers as I waited for any of them to explain what the hell is happening.

          "So...kid, these are my brothers. The one with the glasses is Chanyeol, the one with the cap is Baekhyun, the one with a cape is Jongin, that one over there is Minseok, and that little guy over there holding those flowers is Kyungsoo, this guy beside me is Jongdae. And lastly, my name’s Sehun." He smiled at me as the others waved, bringing out smile on their faces. I cleared my throat, giving them a slight smile before waving back a little bit.

          "How about you, what’s your name?” The latter asked, bending down to my level as he still had that smile on his face. “What are you and why am I here?” Instead of saying out my name, which I highly planned on not saying it at all, crossing my arms on my chest as I looked up at each and every one of them, I stayed silent.

          I saw the latter pull back a bit, looking down at me with a raised brow as a chuckle was audible from his mouth. “Getting feisty, are we?” He let out a low tease, biting down on my bottom lip as I lightly glared up at the chuckling latter.

“Explain”

          I asked with a raised brow, tapping my small foot on the ground as I waited patiently. "If we tell you, will you freak out?" The guy on my right asked, I think he goes by name of Jongdae? "Well, I have seen a lot of weird things lately so what difference does this make?" I gave them as a matter of fact as they all shrugged before nodding their heads.

          "One, we’re blood creatures that you humans go by the name of vampires and the planet that you're in now is called Aereth but specifically, you're in the Sarailliah Kingdom" Junmyeon nodded his head, snapping his fingers as he remembered my second question. “And about why you’re here, we don’t even know.” He nodded his head again before letting out another cheeky smile down at me. "Ah, now I understand." I nodded my head back at him, perfectly understanding the situation I clearly am right now.

 

"Woah, you do?"

"Well that was quick."

"Never knew a human could take this lightly”

"Shouldn’t she be freaking out right now?”

"I’m not really surprised.”

 

          "I PERFECTLY UNDERSTAND THAT ALL OF THIS IS JUST A STUPID PRANK!" I yelled in the top my lungs for this stupid buffoons failed prank; I swear those guys are getting funnier as days passed. "Okay! Get out you seven idiots because this isn't funny!" I yelled, looking around for the guys and when I do, they are so dead.

          "Prank? You think this is a prank?" Kyungsoo asked with a raised brow, crossing his arms on his chest as he gazed down at me. "Then how would a prank be possible if you were carried by Sehun way over here through flying and us six coming here through teleportation? How is that a prank?" Chanyeol raised a brow too.

          "He just probably had a string attached to him and you guys might have just sneaked behind me without even knowing." I fought back because if they said were true then I clearly would confirm that I’m probably dead. I must’ve really fallen down back there at the ocean and the scene where this Sehun guy had caught me in his arms was probably just a dream of mine.

           "Do you want us to prove it to you?" Sehun asked with a smirk plastered on his face, walking a little bit closer to where I was. "Go ahead." I looked at all of them, clearly uninterested as I had my chin held high. "Okay then." He whispered near me before pulling back, still having that smirk on his face before flying in midair as I saw the others teleporting from here to there and then back here which made me a bit dizzy.

           Sehunwas flying everywhere and they were seriously annoying with popping from places to places until I got annoyed. "Okay fine! I get it! I believe you now, so would you guys please stop doing that!" I yelled in a really high pitched tone, making all of them stop. Then it was their turn to raise a brow and cross their arms. Okay, maybe being feisty and smart wasn’t my type at all, such an embarrassment.

          I sighed at them then shrugged my shoulders, looking down in defeat. "Here I am, at an unknown world with seven vampires who might possibly kill me any minute now." A tear escaped my eyes again, feeling more home sick than I really am now. Biting down my bottom lip as I refrain even more tears to drop.

          "H-Hey! Don't cry." I felt arms wrapped around me. I didn't have to look up to know who it was, but I knew. Even though we only met like twenty minutes ago, I feel like I'd known him for years now. I can’t explain how and why but I just feel it. "Guys, I'll bring her to the castle." I heard him say and within a second, I felt like were flying again, which was true.

          Seconds later, we arrived in a fancy looking balcony as the latter had gently placed me down on the marbled floor. I pulled away from him as I looked away after, not wanting him to see how cracked I am right now. I was supposed to be strong, fierce and independent looking. But look at me now, I look like someone who needs help, someone who needs to be taken care of, and that's not me.

          "You okay?" He a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter