013

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2 months after her birthday]

Narrator

"Yah."

          Someone nudged the sleeping latter on the shoulder, making her flinch on her bed. It was a bright Monday morning and the sky was already clear with the sun accompanying it. "Yah, wake up." She was being nudged again but this time, a little hard. She stirred in her sleep but then fell back to slumber once again. The person complained as he ruffled his hair then gave a sigh while looking at the sleeping beauty in front of him. "How can I wake up this sleeping log?" He gawked at her.

          He immediately earned a smack on the head as soon as he finished what he was saying. "What was that for, hyung?!" He complained while touching his head with a pout. "That's what you get for calling our Haemin with such approach." The other said as the younger pouted even more. "And how are we supposed to wake her up?" The younger asked as he was still pouting because of what his friend had did. "Ah! Sunoo-ah, I have an idea" The latter said. "What is it?" Sunoo asked as Jake gave him an evil smirk.

          "Act like your dying." Jake said as he pushed Sunoo down on the floor. "Yah! Why do I have to act dead?!" The other complained while rubbing his sore . "Just lay down there and don't move an inch and let the expert do everything." Jake said as he pushed Sunoo's forehead down using his finger. "Okay, okay. Geez princess, stop being so bossy." The younger sighed in defeat as he closed his eyes then acted as if he died. Jake looked at Haemin then gave out an evil smirk.

           "YAH KIM SUNOO! PRINCESS WAKE UP! HAEMIN WAKE UP! SUNOO-AH!" Jake yelled as tears were breaking in his eyes. With the sudden outburst, the sleeping beauty shot up from her sleep then look from left to right. And when she set her eyes in front, she saw Jake crying while clutching on Sunoo's clothes who was lying on the floor unconscious. She then ran beside the one laying down when she heard 'Sunoo' and whaling sounds was put together and seeing Jake crying made everything clear. "Y-Yah, Kim Sunoo ing wake up!" She screamed as she shook Sunoo harshly on the shoulder. Suddenly, the said person shot up and face her with a poker face.

"Go take a bath now."

"W-What—”

         "We'll see you downstairs for breakfast!" Jake waved as he pulled Sunoo up as both exited her room. Haemin gawked at their success for waking her up and to be honest, they really got her there. She ruffled her hair harshly while staring at the door where they had exited before she rolled her eyes.

Bark! Bark!

          She turned her head to her little white puppy which she received for a birthday gift from Jungkook, she smiled. "How are you, little Ruffles?" She picked up the small puppy as she gave it a big kiss on its noise, the puppy barked. She smiled at it before setting it down on the floor, opening her bedroom's door for her to go out. "Go to your oppas in the kitchen." Imagining it can understand, the dog ran along downstairs.

          She then closed her door before she made her way to the bathroom. Once she was done taking a bath, she immediately changed in her school uniform. When she was done, she got her bag then went downstairs as she smelled something nice and realized that she arrived in the kitchen, seeing all of her friends were already there eating.

          "Oh? Good morning sunshine noona." Their leader said as he kissed the top of her head, she smiled up at him. "Morning Princess." Jay said happily as he carried Haemin bridal style then set her down gently to one of the chairs. "You don't have to do that, oppa." Haemin said but the latter only ignored her statement by giving her a plate of pancakes. "Eat up kiddo." He then smiled. "I'll eat well!" She chimed before eating her pancakes. While eating, she giggled at how cute Ruffles looked as he was playing with her Niki oppa.

          It has been two months after her birthday. Haemin and the guys seemed to look a lot closer than before. They visited her house early in the morning, since Haemin gave them the spare keys to her home in case of emergencies, to either wake her up or just simply fetch her to go to school together. She started talking to them freely and more confident and they had seen a lot of expressions of her. They had seen a pouting Haemin, a smiling Haemin, an angry Haemin, and a laughing Haemin.

          When Haemin was done eating, they all directly went their way to school using their bicycles and this time, Haemin rode on Sunghoon's bike. The ride was comforting to the extent that it can lull you to sleep. Haemin was happily hugging Sunghoon's waist and decided to close her eyes for a while.

"Haemin?"

"Hmm?"

"I can feel your eyes closing."

"Uhmm..”

"Don't you dare sleep on my back."

"I won't."

          They arrived in school safely, the bell didn't ring yet so they still had some time to relax. They made their way inside the building together and saw that fan girls were already lining near the entrance for the boys. "I better go on ahead; I still have to do something in the classroom. Let's all meet up at the canteen later." Haemin whispered to them as they gave her nod. Haemin then walked away as soon as the guys were nearing the entrance, making her way to her classroom.

          She arrived in the said place safely and noticed that no one was even inside yet. It looks like all of them were still goofing outside and still fangirling at the entrance. She made her way to her table then sat down there quietly. She looked out the window and thought of the things that had happened in the previews days. She thought of how close she was now with her oppas and how they cared for her. She was happy. She then thought on the new teachers who surprised her with a party and gifts.

          She was too focused on her thoughts that she didn't realize that someone had already walked inside the classroom, making his way quietly towards her table. "A penny for your thoughts?" Someone spoke making her jump in surprise. She looked up and saw her Math teacher smiling down on her. “Mr. Kim, you scared me." She said while clutching on her chest as she gave him a pout. "Haemin-ah.” The said girl had looked up at him once again as she raised a brow at the latter staring down at her, “We've already discussed about this, you can just call me Namjoon oppa comfortably.” A frown had crept its way to his face as Haemin muttered a light apology, of course the man had forgiven her immediately then saying that it was alright.

          She started to call her new teachers oppa since a week ago, they forced her to it until she gave up. But until today, she still couldn’t get used to call all of them oppas since the thought of them being her teachers were still fresh and growing. She can only call them oppa if they are alone or outside school. Because they knew that a student calling their own teacher oppa is very inappropriate to hear.

          "So, care to tell me what you're thinking?" Namjoon said as he sat on the seat in front of hers. "Nothing." She sang, puffing out her cheeks as she let out a light shrug. “Tell me, come on. I’m all ears." He said while giving a pout too, making the latter giggle. "Why do you want to know?" Haemin asked, raising a brow at the latter in front of her. "I just want to." Namjoon replied. Haemin then sighed as she looked at the man with a smile, "I just thought of the things that had happened during the previews days." Haemin chirped, Junmyeon then nodded.

           "Are you going to the Spring Dance?" He asked, looking at her. Haemin then tapped her chin with her finger as she gave out a smile. "No." She then frowned, making Namjoon frown too in disappointment before rolling his eyes at how witty she had suddenly turned out to be. "Why?" He asked with a sad expression. "Dances are not my thing." She simply stated. "Does it have to be your thing?" Namjoon asked. "I just don't want to go, okay?" She sighed as she rested her chin on her palm.

          "But it's going to be your first dance and the first is always the best." He stated. "That's what you think. Besides, there is always a second." She said, giving him another shrug. "As if you're going to go the second." Namjoon mumbled grumpily. "I heard that." She said giving him a poker face. "Can't you just go for once?" Namjoon pleaded, looking at the girl as he slightly pursed his lower lip forward. Haemin sighed then looked out the window. "I'll think about it." She said. "Yes!" The man cheered, fist pumping the air. "Yah! I said I'll think about it. It doesn't mean I said yes." She said while pulling him back down. "And it doesn't mean a no either." Namjoon stuck out his tongue at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter