011

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haemin

          Once I arrived safely at home, I can't help but form a small smile on my face. Even though I didn't show a lot of emotions earlier at the mall, I still can't hide the fact that I had so much fun. I still wonder how I get to spend my whole afternoon with the new teachers. I mean, it's a bit weird that I hung out with each of them consecutively for the whole afternoon. Can that even be coincidental?

          I shrug the thought away and focused on getting myself ready for bed. Once I was done changing into my night clothes, I went downstairs for a while because I was a bit thirsty. When I was done drinking water, I went back up. When I arrived in my room, I saw that it was already 8:30 PM and that’s already passed my curfew which is actually 8:00. I still have classes tomorrow because tomorrow is a Monday.

          It's not like I hate school, I know school is very important but knowing that I don't have friends to hang out with is just a terrible fact for a normal person to know. Well,  the guys are all nice and kind and I think they got the soft spots for me but I still don't know. I mean, I opened up to them already but I still don't know if friendship did blossom at the moment. I haven't had a friend since I was born; not that it's a shocker or anything.

          I turned my head to the side as soon as I heard the house phone ringing. I went across my bed to pick up the phone that was on top of my bedside table, wondering at who would call me at such hour and speaking of the guys, one of them was surprisingly the one who called me.

          The one who called was Heeseung, I didn't know he had my number. And as I dig deeper within my memory, I remembered that they asked for my number when we were having our picnic lunch back at the green house, both my phone number and the house number. He asked how I was doing and I simply told him that I was doing well and that lifted his moods, that’s what he told me. We talked for a while until he told me that I should get some rest and that he’d see me tomorrow at school, I slightly smiled before I told him my goodnight.

          I smiled as soon as the phone call ended. Yup, I think I have gained friends starting now, unexpectedly. I didn't do anything actually, they were the ones who approached me. Should I be happy for that? I think I should. A yawn escaped my mouth as I dragged my body towards the light switch to turn the lights off. Seconds later, I let my body fall on top of my bed as I made a comfortable position.

          I then reminisce all the moments I had spent with my new teachers the whole afternoon. The time where Mr. Jeon and I were playing with the puppies at the department store, the time where I was watching Mr. Min baking cookies. I even remembered playing toys back at the toy shop with Mr. Park. 

          I remember Mr. Jin telling me a horror story back at the cafe while we were drinking our ordered drink. I also remember back at the book store where me and Mr. Kim were reading books, I really love the book he brought out. And even back at the music store, Mr. Tae was amazing out there when he started playing the piano and his voice was beautiful, he almost got me to sleep right there. And lastly, Mr. Jung, I didn't know if I even paid for the food but all I remember was getting my stomach filled with it. I really had fun with all of them, honestly. I can't help but wish that we can all try it again sometimes. I never knew teachers can be this fun though.

 

But then I remembered what Mr. Kim told me back at the bookstore.

 

"Have you ever wondered how it feels like to lose someone and then see each other again after a long period of time?"

"Well, it feels great. Wonderful. It makes me feel complete again"

 

          I sighed as soon as I remembered his words. Of course I tried experiencing that, but meeting them once again wasn’t part of what I had imagined. I lost my parents, alright. But them coming back here in my arms won’t be happenings since their out of this world for good, they’re never coming back. And that night, I had cried myself to sleep once again.

 

"Annyeong!"

           As soon as I arrived outside my house, loud high pitched voices greeted me making me flinch in shock right after. Right when I adjusted my vision at whom those were, I sighed. It was the guys on their respective bicycles, smiling charmingly at me as they stood there at the road just beside my gate. I finished locking it before standing right next to them. I slightly waved, indicating my morning greeting as they gave them theirs too. "Hyungs! Which one of us is Haemin going to ride with?" The maknae asked. I then saw a smirk plastered on Jungwon’s face as he stared at his fellow members.

The others seem to get what his face was trying to say because all of them had the same smirk as their leader had, and without a second to spare they.

 

"Rock!"

"Papers!"

"Scissors!"

"Shoot!"

 

          "Yes!" Jay fist pumped the air as he did his victory dance. "Come on princess, you can sit here at the back." He patted the sit at the back of his bicycle as he sat on the sit used for the cycler. The others then groaned at their lost, mounting on their bikes grumpily. "Let’s go!" Jay said in an overly happy tone as the others only scoffed at his attitude, but followed behind him after. I mentally chuckled at their cuteness and wondered how I got the the popular kids at my school, the almighty group to be friends with me. My thoughts were interrupted with Jay telling me to hold onto his waist for safety, doing so as I rested the side of my cheek on his back, I can feel him smiling by now. I just know it.

          Minutes later, we finally arrived in school. We all made it in the school's parking lot. They parked their bikes on the bike racks before fixing themselves; I never knew Sunoo had brought a mirror with him. And from a distance, I noticed a familiar vehicle parked as the owner was back facing us so I couldn't see who it was. He wore a plain white shirt and grey joggers, a whistle dangling around his neck as a clip board on his right hand. Once he turned around, I immediately knew who it was. Our eyes met for a second, seeing everything go in slow motion. My trance was suddenly cut off when I saw him smiling and waving at me, I waved back. He then went ahead, seeing how his figure slowly disappearing from my site.

          I turned back to the others as they were now staring weirdly at me, not until Sunghoon spoke. "You know the PE teacher?" He asked as I nodded my head. "He has early morning classes? I thought PE were all in the afternoon?" Their leader asked as he scratched his head in confusion, as the others only shrugged, probably not knowing what the answer is too.

          "Come on hyungs and noona! We'll be late for class!" Niki was now complaining while pointing at where the school building was and right when he mentioned the word 'late', the school bell rang.

         We hurriedly made our way to our respective classrooms but of course, not forgetting to bid each other our goodbyes. I was still surprised that when we entered the school together in a hurry, the student's didn't even bother on gaping at us. I mean, the school's expressionless robot, ice princess and the loner suddenly came in school together with their mighty kings. Doesn't that surprise them or something? If I was in their shoes I would probably get flies inside my mouth from too much gaping. But at least they didn't pounce at me for being with them, well not yet.

          The morning classes went smoothly, It wasn't that hard for me catch up since the teachers were already my friends. Well, that's what they think. Yeah, we hung out and surprisingly we did it for the whole afternoon, which surprised me. And you know what's stranger than catching up what they're saying? I would start smiling out of nowhere. I mean, I don't even understand why I'd smile just like that. I notice I don't smile unconsciously when I'm with the guys, I would just give them one. But when I'm in class, the smile would just pop out of nowhere. I don't understand why I'm mindlessly smile during class, there's no specific reason for me to suddenly smile like that, right?

          The school bell rang indicating it was already lunch time. Before I got out of the door, I unconsciously gave Mr. Park a smile, which I flinched in surprise, but then made my way out. Once I was outside, seven smiling idiots greeted me immediately. "Hi princess!" They screamed all together. I was taken aback by their sudden action, and realized that the hallway was now quiet. I looked around and noticed that there weren't students in the place anymore. They're probably in the canteen by now or outside in some fancy restaurant.

          "Let’s go." Sunghoon lend me his arm, telling me to slip mine inside, which I did. "Where are we going?" I asked softly. They all turn to me in pure admiration written all over their face, which I knew why. I gave them my not-so-new glare as they all cleared their throats after. "In the canteen." Jake said in a casual manner. I look at him, giving him an are-you-serious face, he only gave me a its-going-to-be-okay face. Well I hope it will be.

          The minute we entered the canteen, everything looks so ordinary and normal. It's not like I haven't been to a canteen before, it's just that I don't want to go in. I was kind of surprise that no one reacted the minute we came. No one was sending insults or glares at me, not even their fan girls. I mean look at me, I'm hanging out with the kings. Isn't that something to gossip and get mad about if you're a fan girl? But no, they didn't, which is a total relief. I realized that my right arm was still linked together with Sunghoon's so I took it out but to my dismay, he tightened it. "Chill, will you? No one's gonna pounce out you or something." He said as he patted my head.

          We made our way to one table that's in the corner near a window, since I suggested it and I'm glad they agreed to it. I heard they usually sit at the 'middle' but since I'm here, they agreed to my suggestion on sitting on the corner. "Okay! I'm gonna go buy food for us." Heeseung said as he dragged Niki with him, who obviously protested.

 

"But hyung! I want to play with noona!"

"You come with me first!"

"Hyungs save me from this monster!"

"Oh shut up Riki!"

"Why are you so mean?!"

"Why are you so noisy?!"

 

          I giggled lightly to myself at their small fight, not until the canteen's door opened and that made everything quieter than our entrance. I looked up ahead to the entrance and saw seven figures standing charmingly at the entrance, smiling at everyone in the room. I then heard murmurs and gossips from the group behind our table, so I didn't mind leaning back a bit and listening for a bit.

 

"Why are the new teachers here?

"I know, I thought they had their own room to eat lunch?"

"Yeah, I thought so too."

"Usually teachers would eat at that room."

"It's so weird seeing them here."

 

          Yup, I heard the teachers have their own room since they think the canteen is too loud, which is a hundred percent true. But since the senior aged teachers aren't here anymore and being replaced by young ones, I think it wouldn't be a problem if they eat here right? It's not like I like them to eat here nor I hate it. I'm in the between. If they like eating here, fine. If they don't like eating here, still fine. I'm a neutral person, not minding other's decisions that doesn't involve myself.

          I then noticed that I was staring for too long that I didn't even realize that they were already seated beside our table. I then looked in front and join in what the others h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter