EPILOGUE

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years later…

 

Taeyeon is on a night duty at the hospital because she is the only who refused to attend a seminar, a week-long seminar that she is really not fond of attending.

 

It was a very quiet night for all of them at the emergency room. There is no emergency patient that has a serious condition. “Just give me a call if we have a patient. I will be at my office” she informs the nurses at the station.

 

At her office, Taeyeon is so sleepy as she’s been on duty for almost 24 hours due to the lack of doctors because almost all of them are at the seminar. When she is about to close her eyes to tap a nap when she hears a knock on the door. “Come in”

 

“Hi, Dr. Kim. Are you up for a midnight snack?”

 

It was a very familiar voice that instantly makes her wide awake, “Fany-ah! Why are you here at this hour?” she says while letting her inside the office.

“I’m hungry. I just finished my designs and we haven’t seen each other for almost two days now. So, I decided to come and visit you instead. I miss my wife” Tiffany hugs her.

 

Because of their tight and busy schedules, the barely have time for each other. Tiffany is finishing her designs for her newest collection while Taeyeon haven’t been home that much as she is covering Sooyoung’s schedules.

 

When Tiffany wakes up in the morning, Taeyeon has just comes home and about to sleep and when she comes back home, Taeyeon is already back at the hospital

 

“I miss you too. I’m sorry but one more day until Sooyoung comes back. How’s your designs going?” Taeyeon asks her wife as they are standing at the back of the door.

 

Tiffany dramatically whines at her, “Don’t ask. I am really stressed out as half of what I submitted were rejected. I am really thinking that they are not happy that I got to design for the collections!”

 

“They are just jealous of you because you are very pretty, talented, hardworking and you most of all you have a smoking hot body!” Taeyeon says while her hand is travelling down to Tiffany’s .

 

Tiffany pushes her away, “I am about to be touched by what you just told me but you just ruined it. You Byuntaeyeon! Come on, let’s eat before the jjangmyeon and tteokbokki gets cold”

 

“Hey! Stop pretending that you don’t like that side of me especially at night in-“ Taeyeon didn’t even finishes what she is about to say when Tiffany suddenly feeds her a tteokbokki.

 

The couple are having a fun midnight snack that Tiffany had to feed Taeyeon because the latter is complaining that she is too tired and she needs to reserves her hands energy for her surgeries.

 

“Babe! Stop! We are at the hospital” Tiffany reminds her because Byuntaeyeon has been activated. She is stealing kisses on Tiffany’s lips and neck while her hand is also enjoying itself while going inside Tiffany’s sweatshirts.

 

“We are at my office. No one’s gonna see us her. Just let me, babe. Please, I haven’t touched my babies for a long time” Taeyeon begs her like a cute little puppy.

 

Tiffany is on the edge of her limit wanting to agree but, “Taetae, no. You are still on duty. Later, at home. I promise I will let you do whatever you want”

 

Taeyeon let out her ahjumma laugh upon hearing that from her wife who is looking at her confusedly. “I’m just messing with you. I didn’t know that you will give in that easily, Fany-ah”

 

“We’ve been working so hard and very busy that we haven’t had time alone for each other” Tiffany snuggles to her and Taeyeon hugs her as they are both sitting on the couch.

 

Taeyeon can understand what her wife is telling her. After coming back, she became very busy at the hospital that whenever she has free time, it will be for her son Theodore.

 

On the otherhand, Tiffany became very busy too with her own work as she is preparing for different projects and now her another collection that she is having a hard time balancing her work, being a mother and a wife.

 

“I’m sorry” Taeyeon apologizes while combing her hair “I am thinking on quitting as a doctor and be a professor so that I can have more time for you and Theodore”

 

Tiffany didn’t saw that coming so, she was caught off guard by that. “Babe, you don’t have to do that. Being a doctor is your dream and I cannot imagine you doing something else other than wearing your white coat and treating people. Being a doctor is your calling”

 

“But- I’m afraid that what happened before will happen again” Taeyeon tells her with a very low voice while looking away from her.

 

All along, Tiffany thought that the past is not bothering Taeyeon anymore. On the first few months of reconciling, the fear of losing her family is still there on Taeyeon that Tiffany did her best to help her forget about it and she’s been constantly giving her assurance.

 

Assurance of her that it will never happens again and that she will be more understanding of her and her profession.

 

As days gone by, Tiffany thought that she is well and already forgotten that unfaithful event that almost killed them inside. “Babe, didn’t I tell you that will never happen again. It was my stupid mistakes; I am here now and will be forever by your side. Erase that from your mind, fight about those fears in your heart and I want you to be my Taetae, the dreamer with a purpose and fearless”

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Tiffany straightens up and move Taeyeon’s face to look at her, “Stop apologizing to me. It’s never been you fault, okay? Erase that and don’t think about it. It’s fine now. I am fine. You are doing very well and we are happy now”

 

“Thank you, Fany-ah. I love you so much” Taeyeon replies and Tiffany leans in for a kiss to let her wife feels how much she adores and loves her.

 

It’s just a kiss but for them it means a lot. “Dr. Kim, what time are you clocking out?”

 

Taeyeon checks her watch, “Oh, it’s already 6:30am? We’ve been here for almost 3 hours and I should be out here 30 minutes ago” she chuckles.

 

“Let’s go home. I am sleepy now” Tiffany has been yawning already for several times and her eyes is closing already.

 

Taeyeon went to her table to save her files and get some of the charts of her patients that has her doctor’s order before taking off her white coat.

 

She then went back to the emergency room to hand over the charts to the nurses as the sleepy Tiffany is following behind her. “Dr. Kim, why are you still here?” one of the nurses asks her. “Oh, your wife is here too”

 

“Yes, she just brought me some foods. By the way, here are the charts of my patients. I already wrote some instructions there. I’ll see you all again this afternoon. Bye!” Taeyeon bid them goodbye.

As they are about to go out, suddenly there is a commotion in one of the beds inside the emergency room. Tiffany is looking to where it was. Then, a nurse is running out of the curtain closed bed going to the nurse station.

 

At the nurse station.

 

“Nurse Jang! Is Dr. Kim still here? The patient is refusing to be treated and he only wants Dr. Kim to treat him”

 

“She just clocked out. Try to check if she hasn’t gone too far out”

 

Nurse Kwon runs to catch Taeyeon before she can leave the hospital and thankfully, Taeyeon is still there together with Tiffany. “Dr. Kim!”

 

“What’s going on? Who is on duty that it has to be that loud?” Taeyeon asks her while showing her professional persona.

 

“Male on his 50’s, difficulty of breathing, high blood pressure and according to his wife he was diagnosed with a con heart disease. Dr. Seo is checking on him but they are asking for another doctor. The patient and his wife are telling us that they will not allow a resident to treat him and they’ve been requesting for you” Nurse Kwon fills her in about the situation and Taeyeon didn’t like it.

 

Taeyeon closes her eyes and massages her temple before looking at her wife who is telling her to go checks it. “This won’t take long. Come with me, babe”

 

The three of them went to see the patient and as soon as Nurse Kwon opens the curtain, Taeyeon suddenly can’t move from where she is standing.

 

Taeyeon is face-to-face to those who kicked her out of their family and those who let her be alone after coming out them that she is dating a girl.

 

It’s been 15-years since the last time that she saw her family especially her parents. Tiffany is too stunned that she didn’t know how to react.

 

“Are you just going to stand there, Taeyeon? Do something! Help your dad!” Mrs. Kim yells at her.

 

All the nurses and Dr. Seo are bewildered to know that they were Taeyeon’s parents. Tiffany didn’t like the way she is talking to her wife and how she is treating her after all those years.

 

Mr. Kim notices Tiffany’s presence, “You are not a doctor, right? Why are you here when don’t have a business here?”

 

And that is Taeyeon’s bottom line. She asks Tiffany to hold her bag for a moment. “No one is allowed to talked to my wife like that. You should learn how to respect and be kind to others, Mr. Kim” Taeyeon tells her with a very stern voice that even the nurse was surprised.

 

Taeyeon then proceeds on checking his vitals before asking the doctor who is handling his case. “Dr. Seo, what seems to be the problem here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter