chapter 21

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany and Taeyeon arrives at their house. Both stayed quietly inside their car, no one wants to move an inch. They are just sitting with lots of thoughts running on their minds. Taeyeon was the first one move when she turn off the engine that woke Tiffany from her own thoughts.

 

“Let’s go inside” Taeyeon tells her wife as she opens her door.

 

Upon entering the house, Tiffany went straight to the living room while Taeyeon started to busy herself doing anything that caught her eyes that makes Tiffany really annoyed. She could feel that Taeyeon is avoiding her.

 

“Will you stop doing anything right now?” she yells at her wife “Taeyeon-ah, this won’t work if you will not cooperate with me”

 

“I’m sorry” that was all taeyeon could say.

 

 

Tiffany POV

 

This is all or nothing. Grandma already help us to get everything straight. And I also wants this agony to end already. It already causes us a lot of trouble and pain.

 

I had enough seeing Taeyeon trying to avoid talking to me. I really don’t know what is going on in her mind anymore, she is no longer the open book that I can easily read.

 

She will always says that she wanted to fix our marriage, she wanted to bring our family back together again but it looks like otherwise to me right now.

 

“Babe, we have to do this sooner or later. We need to fix this already” I sounded desperate right now but I don’t care anymore.

 

“i know. I want to. But I’m afraid of the outcome of this talk. Fany-yah, I don’t want to lose you, I don’t want to be alone again”

 

“You will not Taetae if you will cooperate with me. We have to face this together. I can’t do it alone. You can’t do it alone either”

 

She took a deep breathe before asking me.

 

“Okay, I wanna know why you ask me for a divorce because until now it haunts me. It makes me feel scared that any moment I could lose you forever. I don’t want to be alone, you are all that I have Fany” it feels like she was really affected of that divorce thing. And I can’t blame her for feeling that. It was my fault.

 

“That divorce just came out of me all of a sudden. I thought you want this marriage anymore and I am willing to set you free because I want you to be happy with whatever decision you will choice. You made think of that when you kept on forgetting all our special days. You don’t know how hard it was to convince our son that the hospital needed you and you have to save lives. I didn’t complains. I tried to understand you but it was too much for me.”

 

“I was just doing everything to provide for our family. I want to give you a good life”

 

“I know that. We all know that. But it wasn’t the only thing we want from you. What we want is for you to give us your time. Tae money is just a thing that cannot buy our happiness. We don’t need much money, we need you to celebrate with us during our special days” she looks at me with blank expression.

 

“You were not happy with me anymore?”

 

‘We were. Trust me, we were once a happy family but everything changes. You changed Tae” I finally said it. I don’t want to hurt her even more but she needs to know this.

 

“Changed? I am still me. I am still the Taeyeon you met years ago” she still tries to convince me but it looks like she still can’t figure it out.

 

“Yes you changed when you start hiding things from me. You don’t know how hard it was for me knowing that you’ve been hiding things behind my back. I waited for you to come clean to me but you never did”

 

“What are you talking about? Just tell me what it was please.”

 

“Remember that time that I was out for the celebration of my first successful collection?” I paused as I look at her trying to recall the event. “You told me that you can’t come home early because you still have to check on one of your patient. I didn’t ask you anymore but I trusted you. Instead I called Sooyoung to look after our son and you know what she told me, she told me that you already left the hospital hours ago.” I guess she finally know what I am talking about by the way her eyes gets big.

 

As I continued “We were in the restaurant near your hospital”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about this before. I could explain everything”

 

“Do you even have a plan on telling me about this? Tell me why did you lie to me. Why did you hide the fact that you and your ex girlfriend are meeting again.” I ask her while I tried hard not to cry in front of her.

 

“I am sorry. I thought it was best not to tell you because I don’t have a plan on meeting her anymore after that. I don’t want you to be mad or jealous. We didn’t do anything. I trust me babe”

 

“You know what you did is cheating, right?”

 

She got panic when she heard the word cheating.

 

“No Fany. I wasn’t cheating on you. I will never cheat on you believe me. We just had dinner”

 

“Only that day? or you went on a date with even before that?” I ask her and she suddenly looked down.

 

“No” that was the only response she could give me. All my suspicious was right.

 

“I can’t b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter