chapter 24

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grandma Mi Kyung recieves a phone call from the hospital informing her that her husband is already awake and will be transferred to his room. Mix emotions is what grandma feels. She is grateful that finally he is out of danger.

 

Grandma inform Tiffany about it and she too was happy upon hearing that. Tiffany insisted that she will come with her including Theodore who is also excited to meet his grandpa.

“Mommy, can I give this to grandpa?” Theodore ask her mom while showing his drawing. Tiffany was touch to see that he drew a picture of their family with grandma and grandpa holding his hand side by side. He also write a note at the bottom “welcome home” and “get well soon”

 

“This is really beautiful baby. I am sure grandpa will love this”

 

“Are you two ready to go?” grandma ask as she walks down the stairs Theodore happily runs to her and showed her his gift to his grandpa.

 

“This is so beautiful. Grandpa will be happy to see this. Let’s go meet him” she said and they went out to go to the hospital.

 

Inside the car they are happily jamming to whatever song Theodore will sing. The 6 year old boy is really into music and dancing. He is the joyful gift to his family.

 

Before they went inside the hospital, TIffany ask her son not to call Taeyeon mama instead to call her Dr.Kim. She wanted to see her wife’s reaction to it. Taeyeon doesn’t want her family member to call him that. It makes her uncomfortable because he wanted to separate her life from work and from her family.

 

Theodore giggles when her mommy told him about it. He is always ready for whatever pranks but Tiffany warns him never to do it alone because it is not good to play pranks to someone else without the permission of the elders.

 

They saw Taeyeon being surrounded by the other doctors. It looks like is being introduced to the other nurses and doctors. They pretend not to know her and they casually walks towards them.

 

“She’s here. Remember what I told you to call her” Tiffany whispers to her son while grandma can only shakes her head in response.

 

As they are walking near them they could see some doctors are pointing at them. Some still recognize Tiffany as Taeyeon’s wife. Taeyeon had a huge smile when she saw her family but before she could even say hi to them, her son suddenly greeted them.

 

“Hello Doctors. Hello Dr.Kim” Theodore greets them with his head bowed down. The doctors and nurses squealed at ow cute Theodore was. Taeyeon’s smile was soon gone and replaces with a frown while glaring at Tiffany who is trying to hold back her laugh.

 

“Good afternoon. Hi Dr.Kim” Tiffany greeted her wife and the other doctor and nurses just laugh at them. They all know Taeyeon hates being called Dr.Kim by her family. Taeyeon loves being called Dr.Kim by her patients but not her family because she wants to keep the intimate feelings with her family. She doesn’t want the doctor-patient relationship to be like her family.

 

Before they could walk pass them, Taeyeon whispers to Tiffany that she hates her. And Tiffany just smiles at her and anwers her that she cannot her hate.

 

The doctors who happens to hear that suddenly giggles and she glares at them.

 

Unknown to them, Sunny and Sooyoung were watching them both trying not to laugh so hard seeing Taeyeon’s reaction when her son calls her Dr.Kim.

 

 

“Aunt Sunny. Aunt Sooyoung” Theodore saw them and runs toward them

 

“I didn’t know you’re here”

 

“We’re glad to be here. You got her so good, Fany. I can feel Taeyeon is raging to get back to you”

 

“Sometimes it’s not wrong to share some good laugh”

 

“Not when it was her first day at work”

 

Grandma MiKyung is watching the 3 friends make fun of Taeyeon, she too can’t deny that is fun seeing Taeyeon suddenly became speechless. But the fun stops when they reach the room of grandpa. It was almost like she suddenly felt like she can’t hear anything around her. Not until Theodore tugged her telling her that he wants to meet his grandpa.

 

Sunny came in first to check the vitals of her patient. When everything is normal she ask them to come in. Grandpa sense that there are people in his room, he slowly open his eyes and saw the little boy looking at him.

 

“Hi grandpa” the little boy greeted him while waving his hands.

 

“Hello young man. What is your name and who is your mommy?”

 

“My name is Theodore. Theodore Kim. My mommy is Tiffany Hwang-Kim and my mama is Kim Taeyeon, Dr.Kim” he introduces himself like how he used to be at school. They all smile at how cute he was. Grandpa looks at Tiffany

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you have a adorable son?”

 

“Oh that I forgot to tell you” she smiles at him “Baby, you have something to give grandpa, right?”

 

“Yes. Yes I have a gift for him” Theodore open his bag to get the gift he made.”Grandpa, this is for you. I hope you like it” he handed him the paper and gave him a kiss on the cheeks.

 

As he open the folded paper he almost cry because he saw what he drew. It was a drawing of a happy family. He never thought that he could still receive something like that. He always wish to receive that from his grandchild.

 

He tries to sit up and Sunny help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter