chapter 20

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Tiffany put down her phone, she looks so shaken up about what the caller told her. Taeyeon still don’t have any idea of what is happening regarding grandma mi kyung’s husband. All she knows is that he is dead as what grandma told her. But she still decided not to ask the visibly shaken Tiffany. She just quietly drives going to the hospital and she just hold her hand trying to give comfort and telling her that everything is going to be alright.

 

 

“Tae, he can’t die like this. He still needs to see grandma and his family” tiffany started to talk

 

“He won’t. Let’s pray that he won’t.” Taeyeon trying to give Tiffany strength and hope.

 

“All he wanted is to have a second chance. He wants his family back. He wants to see her wife again. He don’t want to runaway again” Tiffany says and Taeyeon got so intrigued on how she knew all of that and how she met grandpa.

 

“Fany-yah, how did you know al of this? How did you met him?” Taeyeon carefully asked her wife.

 

 

“Remember the day Theodore was about to be discharged from the hospital?” Taeyeon nods “ I met him on the garden. I went there that day like something is dragging me there. And he sat beside me and told me all of that”

 

“But grandma told me that her husband is already dead” taeyeon says while scratching her head.

 

“Because he left his family when he found out that he has a brain tumor. He doesn’t want to tell his family about that. He kept it until he messed up. They messed up and decided to just leave and abandoned his family just to save them from the agony and suffering of taking care of a sick person like him” Tiffany explains.

 

“You will really sacrifice everything just to make your family happy and spare them from suffering” taeyeon says.

 

“But it was a selfish act. When you’re married already, it was not you alone anymore. You and your partner should always be together in making decisions together. You cannot walk away just like that. I guess a more thorough conversation and discussion is what everybody needed” Tiffany says ans she just look outside the window. Both of them became quiet because they both knew that they are almost like that. They didn’t talk and discuss everything before acting up. One just decided to act based on her pain and disappointment and one just walked away without trying one last time.

 

 

Arriving at the hospital, they we’re surprised to see that grandma mikyung is already there waiting at the entrance. She looks so anxious, sad and nervous. It’s been a while since she saw her husband and she doesn’t know anything that had happened to him. When she saw the couple, she was immediately hug by Tiffany and by this she felt something is odd.

 

“Tell me, something is not right I can feel it” she ask Tiffany but the latter just hold her hand.

 

“Let’s go meet him, grandma. His waiting for you’’

 

 

The walks towards grandpa ho jin room felt eerie for grandma mi kyung. She didn’t know what to expect or how to react at the moment. They are already outside the room, the couple hug her before opening the door. Taeyeon went inside first because grandma seems reluctant to come in. Taeyeon and Sunny were both shocked when they saw each other inside the room.

 

“Taengoo? What are you doing here?” Sunny ask her.

 

“Were here for grandpa. Are you his doctor?”

 

“Grandpa?” sunny ask as she look at the door where Tiffany and grandma mi kyung is standing

 

“Yes. He is grandma’s husband”

 

‘Oh my god. Why didn’t you tell me about that? I always ask him to get surgery but he doesn’t want to. He said that it’s better to let it be and let his fate decides” sunny says as she check grandpa again.

 

“i didn’t know about this. Tiffany knew this recently” Taeyeon was about to continue when grandma finally steps inside the room where she saw her husband lying on the bed with machines all over him. She stares at him and caress his face with so much love and sadness.

 

“What happened to him?” Grandma ask sunny.

 

“He has a brain tumor. It was already bigger now from the day he was admitted here. And medicine isn’t working now”

 

“Is surgery still be possible?”

 

“Yes it is still possible. The location of the tumor is not on near the nerves so it is still possible. But, he won’t agree to any treatment anymore.”

 

“I trust you on this Dr.Lee. Just do whatever you needs to do. Be it some medications or even surgery. Just do it. You have my permission. Please just save him” grandma says trying to hold back her tears.

 

The three just look at each other with smile all over their face while looking at grandma and grandpa. The trio decided to leave them alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter