chapter 4

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How can I fight if I'm fighting a battle that I know winning is impossible. What did I do wrong with my life? I became a doctor because I wanted to save lives. But I can't even save mine. I lost my family because i choose my patients over them. I wasn't with them when they needed me. I neglected my duty on my family. I guess I really don't deserve to be with someone.



My phone suddenly rings.



"Hello, Dr. Lee. I believe you have the results? I asked her. She is my friend Sunny, a neurologist. I ask her to take my CT scan.



" Tae, listen to me. You have aneurysm. It's bigger than I thought. Tae, you need to be here in the hospital. I'll arrange your operation." she said. I know how worried she is. But maybe, it is the best way to vanish.



"No need, Sunny. There's no need to. I'm fine. If it is my time. Then it's my time. Thank you." i tried to end our conversation. But knowing her, she won't.



"what the hell Kim Taeyeon!!! What about your family? You have a son!! You have a wife. Think about how will they feel about this. Aren't they worth fighting for?" i know she's trying to convince me.



"i already lost them, Sunny. I don't have my family anymore. Remember mom and dad disowned me. And now, my wife....." i can't even finish it. As I cried again.



"What's going on Taeng. Hey, talk to me. TAEYEON!!!!" I heard her shouting at the phone.



"Nobody wants me, Sunny. I think I am destined to be alone. I love you Sunny. Tell Sooyoung to take care of my tiffany and theodore." I didn't wait for her to answer as I ended the call.



After the call, I went back home. I just look at our house. It was once a happy home filled with so much memories that I will never forget.



I opened my laptop and filed for an indefinite leave. I don't know when I will be back or if I will be able to come back. After filing it. I wrote Tiffany a letter and also for my son.



I went back to bedroom, but Fany-ah is not there. She must be with Theodore. Good thing she won't be able to see me leave. I grab my luggage and put all my clothes on it. Throw everything that I own. Toiletries and more. I left with no trace of me. I also pick up our family pictures in our bed side. That's the only way for me to see them again. I left everything that they will need. Once I loaded all my belongings to the car, i went to my son's room. There I saw my wife and son sleeping. I stared at them, God knows how much I love them.



I kissed them. I kissed them goodbye and whispered i love you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany wake up the next morning feeling something is wrong as she saw her son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter