chapter 11

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My operation was successful. It was a painful week physically and emotionally for me. Physical because of the wound. Emotional, because the moment I opened my eyes I am determined to get my family back. I realize how much I love them and don't want to be away from them.

 

Grandma takes care of me during that time. She makes sure that I always eat my meals, that I always eat my medicine on time. I am thankful that I have her with me. I don't know what will happen to me if it weren't for her.

 

 

A month after. I recovered. Grandma's friend hired me as one of her staff in her store. I worked at night everyday. And in the afternoon, I also works in a day care center. I cleaned the rooms after schooling and I enjoyed watching the kids play. It helps me ease my longing for Theodore. I works double job for my medication and for grandma.

 

People might think that I can simply go back to being a doctor. I can earn more being a doctor. But I don't want to. Not this time. Not yet. I want to find myself. I want to be a better person. I want to be numb. I don't want to feel any pain. I don't want to feel anything.

 

 

On the 5th month of my disappearance, I saw Tiffany. She's with her colleagues. I want to run to her. I want to hug her. But I didn't. I looked at her. She's happy. Her eyes looks brighter that the last time I saw her. She's more beautiful now. Maybe she moved on. She doesn't want me back. I didn't follow her, I just continue working. And it happens again and again. I saw her at least a couple of times, but I manage to hide. I don't want to see her like before. I am happy that she is happy. I saw her with a guy and they looks good together. They moved on. They are happy now without me. Seeing them happy is the best I could do because I don't have anything to offer anymore.

 

 

I didn't know that Grandma has a heart disease. I never saw her drinks her medicines. And then I found out, she stopped taking it because of me. The money that she earns for her medication, she instead bought mine. She sacrifice a lot for me even though she just met me and hardly even know who I really am.

 

Grandma had a heart attack. She was rushed to the hospital. The hospital where I work. I tried to hide my face as much as possible. I don't want them to know that I am here. Not yet.Lucky the nurses are new, I haven’t seen them before.

 

Desperate. I became desperate. I can't help her. I felt useless. The hospital asked me to sign the information about grandma, I hesitate at first because they might know where I live. But I don't care anymore. Grandma needs medical attention.

 

Desperation. My friends. Desperate moments, I can rely on them. Can I really? Questioning myself as I look at my phone and pressed the call button. I will do anything for her. Anything just for her.

 

No answer. Dejected. Maybe she's in the operating room. I tried to remain positive. I left her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter