H is for Homework that isn’t mandatory or graded (although I suspect she’s just procrastinating)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Kang Seul,” Joohyun croons as she plops down in between Seulgi’s legs as the younger girl watches TV. “Are you free right now?”

            Seulgi, who had automatically wrapped her arms around Joohyun’s waist, buries her face in Joohyun’s shoulder and hums. “Kind of? Did you need to go grocery shopping today?”

            Joohyun frowns at the answer. “Kind of? What’s that supposed to mean?”

            “Well, there’s something due tomorrow, but the professor said that it’s optional. Not extra credit or anything.”

            The older girl squints her eyes at the nonchalant reply, turning around abruptly to face Seulgi. The latter raises her eyebrows questioningly, but Joohyun is undeterred. “Are you sure that it’s optional, or are you just winging something because it’s only five percent of your grade? If you have work to do, we probably shouldn’t be going shopping; it’s not urgent anyway.”

            “You know that I would never be able to get away with not doing mandatory assignments and extra credit under your watch.” Seulgi smiles cutely then captures Joohyun’s lips to distract her from asking more questions, hands roaming sneakily. It works, because when she pulls away, Joohyun can’t remember what they were talking about. “So, did you need to go shopping?”

            Joohyun blinks, then nods dumbly. “The fridge is pretty empty.”

            “That’s what I thought,” Seulgi quips, carefully standing Joohyun up before getting up herself. She squeezes the older girl’s once and bounds off to their bedroom to get changed. “We also need to stop by the mall too, so I can get an outfit for one of my performances.”

            The younger girl is in a few different clubs, dance being one of them. Joohyun has seen Seulgi perform once, and she never went again, because she doesn’t think it would be appropriate that she lose self-control and pounce on her girlfriend during a performance for a college festival. That would traumatize too many studen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter