S is for Students recognizing me at the campus gates (already made friends with a few of them)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Unnie!”

            Joohyun turns around and sees Seulgi’s friends waving at her. She’s taking her girlfriend and gang on the camping trip she promised Seulgi a while back (sure, Seulgi was pouty the entire time that it wasn’t the two of them, but Joohyun couldn’t do anything about the fact that the trio had been eavesdropping from a few tables over in the cafe when the couple brought it up and begged to tag along). Somehow, they managed to find about four days, weekend included, in the midst of midterm season to take the trip.

            “Hey kiddos!” Joohyun waves back. “I rented out an SUV for the trip, so you’ll be able to change in the car if needed.”

            Sooyoung throws her a thumbs-up before half-carrying her girlfriend and half-dragging her cousin to where the older girl stands. They’re catching up while waiting for Seulgi when Joohyun spots a familiar face and hollers out to the girl coming out from the campus entrance.

            “Jennie!” When Jennie turns around, cat-like eyes widening in pleasant surprise, Joohyun gestures for her to come over. “I haven’t seen you in a while!” She greets Jennie when she jogs over.

            Having almost always picked Seulgi up from school since the younger girl was a freshman, Joohyun has made a few acquaintances among the students of her girlfriend’s university. Jennie being one of them. Several of the people, including those who don’t necessarily know Seulgi, will often acknowledge Joohyun with a slight nod, and if it’s someone who she has talked to, they’ll talk to her as she waits for Seulgi. Unbeknownst to the younger girl, most of the latter cases result from the students having asked Joohyun out before realizing that she had a girlfriend. However, the majority of them have been respectful about Joohyun’s commitment to Seulgi and maintained a friendship with the older girl instead (often marvelling over how cool it must be to have a full-time job).

            “Joohyun unnie, haven’t seen you in a while!” Jennie briefly pulls Joohyun into a hug and clasps onto a hand. “How have you been?”

            Joohyun pats the younger girl’s head affectionately and smiles. “Oh, you know. Same as always. Nine-to-five, work overtime a few days a week. Make sure the baby isn’t grumpy or underfed.” Jennie laughs, knowing the baby refers to Seulgi. “She’s been busy though, so I’ve mostly been taking care to keep her alive.” Joohyun shakes her head. “Those midterms you all have to go through. I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter