J is for Journal entries that she does for a creative writing class (that I kind of wish I could see)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Seulgi is by no means a secretive girlfriend, from what Joohyun knows, but that doesn’t mean she’s out and open about everything. Other than the international law class, the nineteenth century Russian literature class, and the instrument-making class, Seulgi takes a creative writing class that she seems to like a lot, and Joohyun knows that her girlfriend keeps a journal as part of a long-term assignment for the course.

            The younger girl tells her that it consists of ideas, inspirations, and feelings she encounters throughout the day but that it doesn’t delve into the gritty details of her life like a normal journal. Joohyun will often see her seriously jotting down quick bits of writing at random intervals, whipping out the small, orange, leather-bound notebook she uses for it at a moment’s notice and then tucking it away equally as quickly, as if she’s afraid someone will steal it from her and pore over the contents of her private life. Apparently even the professor doesn’t read it.

            Of course that makes Joohyun want to read it, to see what her girlfriend’s world looks like from a creative viewpoint. If there are times she gets seriously annoyed at Joohyun. Finds other girls hot.

            Joohyun shakes her head at the last thought. It’s not Seulgi’s fault if she does find someone to be attractive, because the poor girl has functioning eyes and a healthy drive: heck, even Joohyun sometimes thinks other women are hella fine, a.k.a. BoA and Han Jimin. And Rachel McAdams. And Jung Yumi. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t sometimes, but the point was that Joohyun completely understood if Seulgi found faces and bodies other than Joohyun’s nice to look at. Did it make her extremely paranoid that some sly fox might snatch up her girlfriend? Totally. Did it mean that she didn’t trust Seulgi to stay with her? Definitely not.

            Either way, Joohyun finds it pertinent to reaffirm that she isn’t a hypocrite in that sense (and the author finds it important to reaffirm that J stands for Journal entries Seulgi does for a creative writing class, not Jealousy that overtakes Joohyun at the thought of pretty college girls flirting with her girlfriend). That doesn’t stop her, however, from cutely asking Seulgi if she can peek at the contents of the journal.

            “Unnie, I told you that I’ll show you the products that come out of these musings, okay? You know I always show you my writing.”

            Joohyun pouts, clinging onto Seulgi’s arm. “But that’s not the same,” she complains. “What I’ll get is the filtered, nicely cleaned-up version of whatever’s in there.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter