F is for Failing an assignment for the first time in her life (something she eventually gets used to)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Joohyun grew up with parents who didn’t believe in positive or negative punishment as much as they did reinforcement, so she did have moments of failure from time to time that went unaddressed. That being said, she in no way believes that she is a parental figure to her younger girlfriend nor that such psychological tricks will work on a full-grown adult. But those facts don’t detract from the shock Joohyun currently feels at Seulgi’s words after the younger girl started sulking in the car upon being picked up at the university gates.

            “Um, just letting you know that I’ll have to skip out on hanging out with Yongsun and Moonbyul this weekend, because I really need to ace my midterm paper.”

            Joohyun glimpses to the side as she starts the car. “I thought that you turned in that extra credit assignment. Is it not enough of a buffer even for if you get a meh grade on this paper?”

            Seulgi grimaces and slumps down in her seat. “That was for another class. This is international law.” She exhales heavily. “I don’t know how Seungwan convinced me to take a class that isn’t even pertinent to my major.”

            “How much is the midterm paper worth?”

            “Thirty percent. Final paper is the same amount.”

            “Okay, so if you get A’s on those two, you should be fine even if you get a B in participation or something, no?”

            Seulgi remains silent, and Joohyun can tell that something is extremely wrong. Usually the younger girl isn’t overly concerned about grades because she’s so on top of her game; the way that she frowns in concern even though Joohyun has pulled up in front of their favourite ice cream shop for a treat makes the older girl worried. Opening the passenger door and taking Seulgi’s hand, Joohyun pulls the taller girl out and into her arms, peering up into Seulgi’s eyes cutely. Seulgi blinks a few times. Joohyun starts panicking when her eyes start to tear up.

            “Oh, no. Oh no. Come on, baby, what’s wrong? Hmm? Did you not want ice cream? Here, get back in, I’ll drive us somewhere else instead.” She frantically dabs at Seulgi’s eyes, glancing around at the people eyeing the couple suspiciously. They probably think she’s making Seulgi cry. Crap. “Honey, please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter