I is for Idiots who don’t contribute to group projects (and remind me of my own coworkers)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Joohyun can’t really claim to know much about life as a college student and likes to think that she experiences what she does by proxy of her girlfriend. However, there are a few college struggles that she can relate to as a working adult, and most of them aren’t fun things. Namely, group collaborations. More specifically, projects conducted under collaborative settings.

            Now, group projects wouldn’t really be much of a problem if Joohyun lived in an ideal world where all people were as perfect as her girlfriend, but life and people are losers. Even with Yongsun and Moonbyul cheering her on from their own assignments, Joohyun sometimes loses all will to live whenever she has to work with people like Tiffany, who by all accounts is a wonderful human being that Joohyun would’ve loved to be friends with outside of the workplace, or Yuri, another amazing person who does a great job at making the atmosphere lively wherever she is, because they are all talk and no do. It seems that some people are incapable of just working on their agreed upon workload in a timely manner, which frustrates Joohyun to no end, given that she has to take it all up. All while being professional.

            And Seulgi also has that problem often, very apparent in her current position: on the floor, curled up, silently screaming. Joohyun pities her.

            The older girl walks over to the physical embodiment of a mental breakdown and sits cross-legged next to her. She barely reacts to Joohyun’s gentle of her hair; in fact, she curls up tighter and sighs like the store ran out of eggs again. Joohyun opts to lie down next to Seulgi, hugging her from behind and kissing her nape.

            “Is someone giving my girl a hard time again?”

            There’s silence, then Seulgi turns around suddenly in Joohyun’s arms with blazing eyes and a deep scowl on her face. She clenches her jaw once before shaking their joined bodies slightly in exasperation. Joohyun isn’t sure whether to be glad that Seulgi isn’t crying or worried that her girlfriend might give her brain damage.

            “I hate group projects so much!” She inhales deeply before barrelling into a rambling rant about her group mates. “I specifically told Kai and Johnny to finish summarizing all the links for research by yesterday, but neither of them did it, so Taeyong and I are stuck reading twenty-four long-, theory-heavy academic articles on how the linguistic-ideological narrations of the Golden Age are informed by the political events that were happening at the time. And our one-page proposal is due by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter