Z is for Zoom calls even after the graduation (just because no one wants to dress up for group hangouts)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It’s already been two months since Seulgi’s graduation, and the recently graduated seniors have been relaxing to the max before starting with various internships in the fall. Seungwan is set to work with a well-known cosmetics company under their marketing department, while her girlfriend has an upcoming position in the research department under the same brand. Joohyun swears that they’re practically soulmates.

            Seulgi recently heard back from a small, individually-owned content creator looking to expand her platform. If Joohyun remembers correctly, Seulgi will be helping to write the script and brainstorm ideas for the videos on the channel. The younger girl has expressed a lot of excitement about it, because the creator Yoona (a.k.a. Bake and Talk with Yoong) is someone she looks up to a lot. Mostly because Seulgi loves looking at food, not so much because she’s good at baking.

            Yerim still has another year to go, but she hangs out with her cousin all the time, so Joohyun sees her on the screen with Seungwan and Sooyoung when she walks into the living room, where Seulgi lies on the couch, laptop open. Her girlfriend is mindlessly eating chips as Sooyoung and Yerim squabble over something that looks suspicious like a chicken wing. Joohyun thinks that that’s the most likely answer.

            The older girl walks over to join her girlfriend on the sofa, slapping Seulgi’s thigh for her to sit up. Seulgi jolts up with a sound of protest but scoots over to let Joohyun join the call. While Joohyun would have preferred to meet up with everyone in person, the girls keep mentioning something about how they feel too unmotivated to hangout outside of the house, so they’ve been sticking to Zoom calls. Talk about peak laziness. They’re not even forty yet.

            “Hey, kids.” Joohyun leans in slightly to peer at the screen. Yup, that’s a chicken wing. “I heard you two are starting work soon,” she says, pointing at Seungwan and Sooyoung. Seungwan nods as she places a hand on her girlfriend’s arm.

            “Yeah, I’m at Sooyoung’s house with her parents and Yerim for the time being, but we’ll probably be looking for a place near our company soon, since it’ll be easier to travel together.”

            That prompts Yerim to stop fighting Sooyoung and raise an eyebrow. “Wait. You two are going to be living together? Without me? I’ll be alone in the dorms?”

            Sooyoung stares at her cousin and speaks matter-of-factly. “What? Did you not know that was going to happen after we graduated? I thought it would be pretty obvious.”

            Seulgi laughs as Yerim starts protesting about how she’s being abando

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter