K is for Killer headaches after a night out with the girls (whom I’ve told several times to not get her drunk)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It’s a scary day for Joohyun.

            Seulgi has been in high spirits all day, whistling quirky, little tunes and obediently going through with Joohyun’s requests without complaint. Joohyun feels skeptical as to why her girlfriend seems so happy (not that she didn’t like seeing Seulgi happy), until she hears from the grinning college student that Sooyoung, Yerim, and Seungwan are planning on taking her out before finals hit so that they can momentarily forget the dread of those exam-packed two weeks at the end of the semester.

            And generally, Joohyun doesn’t have a problem with Seulgi drinking, because they’ll often sit down for a few shots together. But with Joohyun, Seulgi has supervision. With the alcoholic couple and budding alcoholic cousin of one half of said couple, it’s a complete show, and Joohyuns knows that she’ll be the one dealing with the aftermath.

            But she can’t really tell Seulgi not to go, because that’s not fair to her or her friends: they are college students, after all. She’s seen one too many times in popular media how drinking culture is a must for half-dead college students approaching their quarter-life crisis, and given that Seulgi loves hanging out with her friends, a.k.a. the alcoholics, even the carefree girl isn’t exempt from cocktails made to send students to the grave so they don’t have to study.

            “Make sure not to give yourself alcohol poisoning, honey.” Joohyun bites her lip in worry and scans Seulgi’s outfit. “Are you sure you won’t be cold in that?”

            Seulgi wears short shorts and padded shoulder muscle tee. The younger girl shrugs. “You know that college parties get hot and humid and gross. If I take a jacket, it’ll probably end up lost in the crowd and in someone else’s closet by the end of the day.”

            “Okay, but don’t drink too much.”

            Joohyun sees Seulgi start to answer, only to be interrupted by the doorbell. That must be the girls. The web developer follows her girlfriend to the door, which opens up to reveal three grinning faces, one hovering above the other two. Seungwan, being the cheerful angel that she is, greets Joohyun first.

            “Hi, unnie!” Joohyun waves. “The party started about twenty minutes ago, so we’re going to be taking Seulgi with us now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter