U is for Underclassmen eager to join her club (part of me finds it adorable, the other part finds it threatening)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The college festival always happens the weekend after finals, after students have finished all their academic duties and before they all leave to go home or on trips across the country. Joohyun has only been to the festival once before, back in Seulgi’s freshman year, and after the dance incident (refer to the chapter H is for Homework that isn’t mandatory or graded (although I suspect she’s just procrastinating) for details), she hasn’t gone again. But this time around, Seulgi begs her to attend since it’s her last year in college, so Joohyun reluctantly agrees, knowing that she could never refuse the younger girl.

            Seulgi is working two shifts at different booths and has a performance (which Joohyun is extremely hesitant to watch, given that she most definitely will make a fool of herself now that Seulgi is more mature, more skilled, and more fun to look at than three years ago). The first booth that Seulgi drags Joohyun along to, despite the older girl’s complaints that she has no reason to be working shifts she never signed up for, is for an academic-related club that Joohyun knows Seulgi only joined for the resume building. Seulgi doesn’t look like she’s having much fun either, because students rarely show up to the booth, and when they do, it’s just to ask for either girl’s number (prompting laughter from both of them).

            After three hours, someone else shows up to the booth, waving awkwardly at Joohyun, who is dressed somewhat formally due to a weekend meeting with a client that she had to attend to before coming to her girlfriend’s event, so Seulgi takes Joohyun’s hand and drags her along to the other booths set up, claiming that she has about two hours for lunch before having to perform and then work the second shift at her other club.

            “Unnie, look!” Seulgi points to what seems like a poorly setup game. “The prize is three bags of caramel popcorn!”

            Joohyun eyes the shabby structure skeptically. “Baby, why don’t we grab lunch first? I’m hungry.”

            At that, Seulgi nods and pulls her to a booth at the end of a row with familiarity, making Joohyun wonder what will be there. To her surprise, she sees tables set up and servers wearing flight attendant outfits roaming about with food. One of them is Sooyoung, who spots the couple and excitedly waves them over.

            “Seulgi! Joohyun unnie!” Dropping off the order in her hands haphazardly, the tall girl hurries over to seat them and starts babbling. “I didn’t know you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter