D is for Dormitory life that she wonders about sometimes (despite having close to no housekeeping skills)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Babe, are we out of milk?”

            Joohyun looks up from her computer and makes her way out of the bedroom into the kitchen at Seulgi’s confused call. The fridge is open and the taller girl stands in front of it, arms crossed, as if glaring at the refrigerator will magically make milk appear. Joohyun gently pulls her away from the appliance before grazing over the shelves with her eyes and closing the door.

            “I’m pretty sure we ran out last week. Did you not get any when you went to the store?”

            “That was my snack run. Only got chips.”

            Joohyun makes a face of disbelief at the younger girl. Despite the fact that they’ve been living together ever since Seulgi started university, the college student is still a bit lackluster when it comes to domestic duties. In fact, even with a nine-to-five job that constantly requires overtime, Joohyun is always the one to do most of the housework, and while she’s not complaining because that’s how she relieves stress, she’s a bit worried about how Seulgi would ever survive without her parents or Joohyun.

            “How many times do I have to tell you that you need to be aware of these kinds of things now that you’re an adult?” Joohyun gently asks as she closes the refrigerator door and goes back to get her computer. When she situates herself in the living room, she sees Seulgi still standing in the kitchen, pouting with her arms crossed, so she sighs and pats the space next to her. “Come here, baby.”

            Seulgi huffs but eventually plods over to crash next to Joohyun, burrowing into the older girl’s side. Joohyun shifts to make both of them comfortable.

            “Do you think I should move into the dorms?” Joohyun looks down at Seulgi, who blinks at her with wide eyes. “Maybe that’ll make me more responsible. Plus, Sooyoung and Yerim said that it’s part of the college experience, and I feel like you could use the extra space at times.”

            Joohyun purses her lips. It isn’t the first time that Seulgi has expressed curiosity of independent living, and while the older girl has absolutely no problem with giving Seulgi freedom in these matters, there’s the whole issue with dorms being university-controlled and not always the best places to live and quite frankly, Joohyun has lived with her girlfriend for long enough that she’d miss the talle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter