M is for Mondays packed full with classes (so she doesn’t have to get up early on Wednesdays and Fridays)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Seulgi is up early, Joohyun realizes, when she pats the space next to her expecting the younger girl’s warm body but instead feels empty sheets. A quick glance at her phone indicates six o’clock in the morning, and to Joohyun’s knowledge, her girlfriend never ever gets up before eight unless something extremely important is going on or she is sneaking out somewhere without letting Joohyun know. Hoping that it isn’t the latter, Joohyun yawns loudly and steps out of bed, heading to the living room to seek out her living body pillow. It’s technically break for Seulgi now that classes are over, so she had been expecting Seulgi to sleep in.

            The sight that awaits her catches her a bit off-guard, because Seulgi dozes off on the sofa with her laptop open in front of her. Joohyun frowns in confusion but makes her way over to close the laptop for her girlfriend, only to scream in surprise when Seulgi suddenly grabs her wrist.

            “Kang Seul, what the heck?” Joohyun clutches her chest, tailbone aching from its abrupt contact with the floor. Seulgi blinks to re-orient herself before making an ‘o’ with and kneeling down to check on Joohyun.

            “Unnie, I’m so sorry!” She pulls the older girl up and pats her gently. “Does it hurt? I didn’t mean to scare you.”

            Joohyun winces a bit but waves Seulgi off as she settles on the couch. “What are you doing up so early anyway? With your computer on and everything.” While Seulgi fusses over her, Joohyun takes a moment to peer at the screen, which displays a very plain-looking website (Joohyun would give it a three out of ten, design-wise) with a bunch of randomized numbers and what seem to be course names. “Is this for registration? I thought that happens later in the summer.”

            “Our university is changing up the cycles a bit this year due to some unexplained internal reforms, so here I am,” Seulgi drawls sleepily, yawning in exaggeration. “It’s about to start...in five minutes or so. Good thing I caught you before you shut off my computer.”

            The web developer hums. “It looks confusing. No matter how many times I see it, it never makes any sense.”

            “Trust me, I barely have a hang of it myself,” Seulgi replies, motioning for Joohyun to sit in front of her. The older girl crawl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter