O is for Office hours at the randomest times (sometimes she has to wait hours at school after classes end for them)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Joohyun tries to pick up her girlfriend from school whenever she can, because Seulgi has had stuff stolen from her on public transportation more than once (albeit small things, like a pack of gum or her old and rusting Eiffel tower keychain). It’s unfortunate that she can’t do it all the time, mostly because of the days she has to work overtime, but even then, she’ll slip out around dinnertime and attempt to speed over to the younger girl before her boss catches her coming back in. In general though, Joohyun finishes a shift just in time for Seulgi’s morning or evening classes to end, so she’ll see her girlfriend come bounding out like a big puppy upon her arrival.

            Other times, however, Joohyun is the one to wait for Seulgi, without restriction, because of those cursed office hours that Seulgi has to attend for her classes. It wouldn’t be as bad if she could just set up meeting times during the school day and make it a concrete part of her schedule for the week, but of course huge institutions like universities hate enforcing that and Seulgi is left to fend for herself in unpredictable situations.

            For example, the honours seminar class the college senior has on Tuesday and Thursday mornings requires mandatory meetings for all the students enrolled in the course at least once a month with the professor, given that it’s a smaller class, but the professor is an insane man who holds office hours after six pm. Like who even wants to stay at work at that time? So Joohyun usually ends up awkwardly sitting in her car as students pass by her, glancing at the woman blankly staring at the gates.

            It isn’t as bad as office hours for her coding class though. Because the course is an introductory one and there are hundreds of students with less than ten TAs, Seulgi often has to wait in line until she can meet someone. And that takes forever, which means that Joohyun can’t grab lunch with her girlfriend on the days that office hours occur right after her seminar class.

            “Unnie, sorry for making you wait.” Seulgi slides into the passenger seat a little past seven and pecks Joohyun on the cheek. That day, the afternoon office hours had been cancelled due to the TA’s illness, which meant that Seulgi had to hang out at school after lunch for the evening office hours. “Did you eat already?”

            Joohyun shakes her head. “I was waiting to eat with you.”

            “You shouldn’t have.” Seulgi gives Joohyun an apolo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter