Y is for Yearning to graduate as soon as possible (because she claims that she’ll make so much money I can quit my job)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It’s the last finals season of Seulgi’s college career, and Joohyun can see the absolute lack of willingness in the younger girl’s eyes to do anything school-related. There’s not only the melting of her girlfriend’s body into the couch when Seulgi reads over her notes, but there’s also the rapid calculations Seulgi continuously makes over the percentage breakdowns of her grades. Presumably so that she only has to study as little as possible to pass her classes.

            But Joohyun doesn’t think it works that way, so she lets her girlfriend know. “Baby, you still need to get decent grades. Your employers might ask for your transcript, and they’ll hesitate if they see that your work ethic declines near the end of a project or something.”

            “Unnie,” Seulgi sighs, pulling her body into a sitting position with herculean effort. “I just want to graduate and get out of this hellhole.” She frowns a bit. “Why do they even make seniors take finals during their last semester? Most of us are employed or about to be employed or just don’t give enough s about those final semester grades.”

            Joohyun pulls a hand down her face but tries to provide rationale to her girlfriend. “Well, like I said. It’s about your work ethic and your ability to pull through until the very end with your best efforts. I’m sure there are plenty of students around you who are still giving it their everything until the last day.” She raises an eyebrow. “Like Seungwan? I’m sure she’s being very studious right now and forcing Sooyoung to be the same way.”

            “She’s taking all her classes pass fail this semester, and she’s planning on skipping out on studying for finals because she says she just wants to pass anyway.”

            The older girl purses her lip in thought. Yet another betrayal from Seungwan, whom she trusted the most. Joohyun could get over the fact that Seungwan was the strongest drinker (and liked to take her friends drinking often) out of all of them, but after the cupcake incident and this, she’s not so sure that Seungwan isn’t a devil with an angel’s mask. “Can you please tell Seungwan that she’s no longer my favourite child?”

            Seulgi lets out a bark of laughter. “She’d be devastated but sure. Is Yerim taking her spot now? Because I know that there’s no way it’d be Sooyoung.”

            Joohyun shakes her head. “I no longer have children. They have all failed me.”

            “It’s okay, you’ve got me, your girlfriend, instead,” Seulgi replies cheekily, pointing a thumb at her puffed out chest. “Once I finally graduate, I’m going to be so so so rich and competent that you’ll be able to retire early and just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter