A is for Assignments that keep her up until four in the morning (though sometimes I find her sleeping)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Joohyun finds herself patting a cold, empty space next to her when an unsuspected call of nature wakes her in that twilight zone between night and morning. Sitting up and turning on the bedside lamp, she glances towards the door to see the dim light illuminated through the gap under the door. Explains the absence of her girlfriend.

            The twenty-four year old feels a sigh leave her lips as she pulls the covers aside and trudges towards the door. There’s silence behind it, so she knows she should probably bring a throw with her. Tucking the soft blanket under her arm, Joohyun heads into the living room, careful not to let the door open too widely lest it squeak. They’d sprayed WD-40 on it too many times to count, but it screeched annoyingly at the midway point, always, without fail. That usually meant Joohyun shimmying through the tight space between the door and doorway during times like these.

            A quick glance to the sofa indicates that her suspicions are correct. One worn out Kang Seulgi, dark circles glaringly obvious against her pale, vitamin D-lacking skin (not that Joohyun performed any better in that aspect), sits precariously on the couch, body suspended between where she is seated and the coffee table on which her arms and head are laid down. Joohyun shakes her head before walking over to the snoozing girl.

            The screen of Seulgi’s computer is already dark, having turned off a while ago from the inactivity. Joohyun moves the device further away from Seulgi’s head then drapes the throw over her shoulders. She wonders if she should reposition the girl on the couch so that Seulgi doesn’t wake up with a cramped back, but she figures it'd be better not to rouse Seulgi from the peaceful slumber that has wrapped her in a cocoon.

            Remembering that she had originally been headed to the bathroom, Joohyun takes one more look at her girlfriend before dashing off to the toilet. The twin purple and orange-coloured toothbrushes catch her vision as she washes her hand, and Joohyun hopes that Seulgi got a chance to brush her teeth before falling asleep. Last time they went to the dentist, the bear-like girl received a scolding for having one too many cavities, so since then, Joohyun had assumed the duty of nagging the younger girl to take care of her dental hygiene.

            Unsurprisingly, Seulgi is still dead to the world when Joohyun exits the bathroom. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter