replay

all my stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every day, dreaming away, reliving every single mistake

Trying to make up for lost time

But all I find is myself in the waiting line

 

 

Being in prison for almost four years now, the air became Byulyi's alarm. She could estimate the time just by smelling the air. Wheein would always argue that the prison air smells disgusting, no matter what time it is, so she always couldn't estimate time. Well, what can Byulyi say, she's that sensitive.

 

Seeing that it wasn't time for count yet, Byulyi took out her sketching pad and continued a sketch from the night before. She finished it quickly but flawlessly, in case the officers came any time for morning count. She tore the paper neatly from the spine of the pad and kept it safely in the pockets of her hoodie.

 

"Okay ladies, stand by your cell for the morning count!" Officer Sooyoung unlocked the gate and all six women stood by their cells.

 

"Morning, unnie." Wheein yawned while greeting Byulyi who's cell was next to her.

 

"Morning, Wheepup." Byulyi smiled at the sleepy woman. Wheein could get a full night's sleep but still complain about the lack of sleep and Byulyi found that amusing.

 

Officer Sooyoung signed on the count sheet before leaving the inmates to do their daily routine.

 

“I see that someone’s looking at something else now other than the sky.” Officer Yuri nudged Yongsun who was busy reading some inmate files. 

 

“What?” Yongsun closed one of the files she was reading. She was supposed to be at Admissions in about ten minutes, so she had some time to spare. Yongsun figured getting some sun in the yard would be good for her rather than being cooped up in the office. 

 

“Moon Byulyi is looking at you. Did something happen between you two? Hyoyeon told me you two talked in Moon’s cell.” Yuri wriggled her eyebrows, but Yongsun smacked her in the arm.

 

“Okay, hi.” Yongsun faked a smile. “She’s not looking at me and nothing happened between us. I think she trusts me now, though.”

 

“Anyways, I just want to remind you you’re not supposed to be dating inmates, okay?” Yuri said in a serious tone.

 

“I’m not dating anyone.” Yongsun shrugged. “I’m going because I don’t want to hear your nonsense anymore.” Yongsun smacked Yuri’s shoulder before signalling for the gates to be opened. 

 

“Unnie! What are you looking at?!” Wheein threw a corn chip at Byulyi’s head. 

 

“What? Nothing.” Byulyi’s eyes followed a certain psychologist as she walked out of the yard. 

 

“Are you looking at Yongsun?!” 

 

“No!”

 

“Stop looking at her! She’s a jerk!” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter