god only knows

all my stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

God only knows what you’ve been through 

God only knows what they say about you

God only knows how it’s killing you

But there’s a kind of love that God only knows 

 

 

...

 

 

“Get ready for count!” Officer Yuri yelled across the common area and Yongsun came out of her cell, surprised to see that Byulyi was right by her door. 

 

Byulyi gave a small smile, but Yongsun looked away. 

 

“Have a good night ladies.” Yuri locked the gates and left the inmates to it. The officer looked at Byulyi and nodded, silently thanking her for taking care of Yongsun.

 

“You’ve been in there for the whole afternoon, do you want some tea?” Byulyi offered.

 

When Yongsun didn’t reply, Byulyi said, “Well, uh, I’m just going to be at the couch reading my textbook with a cup of tea. I’m making two cups, because you know, I’m pretty thirsty, but hey, you’re welcome to have one.” Byulyi rambled and Yongsun let out a little laugh. 

 

“I’ll have some tea.” Yongsun ran a hand through her gorgeous black hair. 

 

After making sure Yongsun was comfortable, they went back to doing their own stuff. Yongsun watched the small television that was mounted on the wall, and Byulyi continued reading and making notes from her textbook. Getting tired from reading literally the entire day, the Boss looked up and realised that Yongsun had fallen asleep.

 

Byulyi sighed. It's only been a week since Yongsun resigned after confessing to her, and only a day since Yongsun was in prison, yet Byulyi was sure that the woman lost about ten pounds. Her cheeks have sunken in a little, she had bags that weigh a ton under each of her beautiful eyes, and her hair was now slightly damaged, obvious that the psychologist haven't been taking care of her dark hair.

 

It hurts Byulyi, knowing that she was the reason that caused all those.

 

"I'm sorry. For not saying anything to you earlier." Byulyi whispered as she tucked a strand of hair behind Yongsun's ear. "Do you know the first time I started finding you interesting? When you showed up in the Hole, pretending you weren't scared. But you were scared to death. I wanted to tease you. And do you know the first time I fell in love with you? The pickled radish delivery. Nobody really listened to me and what I want. Not even my family. But you took my silly remarks seriously and bought me pickled radish. I was scared of those butterflies in my stomach, I was scared of falling in love with you. So I threw it in the trash and told you to go away." 

 

"And do you know the first time I fell in love with you?" Yongsun's eyes fluttered open. 

 

Byulyi pulled her hand away from Yongsun's cheek, unaware that the older woman was listening to her. She felt shy and embarrassed all of a sudden.

 

Yongsun sat up straight, now fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter