million reasons

all my stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away

But baby, I just need one good one to stay

 

 

Byulyi knocked on Yongsun's door twice, waited for three seconds before knocking once, and opened the door.

 

For the past months, this has been their way of telling each other it's them, and that they don't need to wait for permission to get in.

 

Yongsun was seen walking out of the bathroom with wet hair and only a towel on.

 

Byulyi raised a brow, and Yongsun was quick to raise a finger.

 

"Uh uh, Byul. I have an appointment first thing. I can't be late."

 

"Then you shouldn't have came out with only a towel on."

 

Yongsun rolled her eyes when Byulyi pulled her close by the hem of her towel, the cloth dropping to the floor in the process. "Oops."

 

"Seriously, Byul, I can't!" Yongsun picked up the towel and walk towards her bedroom, Byulyi followed behind her closely. "I can feel you checking me out."

 

"How can I not?" Byulyi teased.

 

"What brought you here so early?"

 

"I uh, I received a text saying I'm approved to visit Wheein."

 

"That's good, right? You wanted to visit her!"

 

"Yes, but what if she doesn't want to see me?"

 

"If you're approved it means she also put you in her visitors list. It means she wants to see you, Byul."

 

"I don't know. I don't think I can see her."

 

"You're only saying that because you're afraid of seeing her as a junkie. It reminds you of the first time you saw her in prison."

 

"A junkie? She's still using? Have you not been trying to make her stay away from drugs?"

 

"You know I'm not allowed to discuss this with you. And I've been trying, Byul. Yuri and I both. But there's only so much we can do when Hyeri brings in bags and bags of drugs and no one dares to snitch."

 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know." Byulyi sighed, "I'll go see her. Let's head there together? I'll drive."

 

"Okay. Will you let me change now?"

 

Yongsun held her clothes up, but the next thing she knew, she was on the bed  with Byulyi on top of her.

 

 

“The visiting hours is not until noon, are you sure you don’t want to go somewhere and come back later?” Yongsun asked one last time.

 

Byulyi nodded, “I’m okay. I’ll just sit here and calm my nerves. You know, somehow if I sit here long enough, stare at the cement walls long enough and take in the stale air long enough, it kinda brings me comfort.”

 

Yongsun laughed at Byulyi’s description of the prison area because that’s exactly what it’s like.

 

Yongsun caressed Byulyi’s cheek, “Okay. Call me, if you need me.” The older woman placed a kiss on Byulyi’s forehead. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

Yongsun placed a few packets of gummy bears on the table for Wheein as usual. The inmate pulled down the hood of her jacket and that tells Yongsun the younger woman was not as guarded as she used to be anymore.

 

“Do you want some gummy bears?” Yongsun jutted her chin towards the table.

 

Wheein shook her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter