more than i can take

all my stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What’s in your veins stays in your veins

I try not to break

But sometimes it is more than I can take

 

 

Hyeri’s crew were guarding the door, and they looked tense when their leader didn’t come back, and instead, the Boss is standing right in front of them. 

 

“Move.” Wheein raised her voice, which always startle the inmates, because Wheein wasn’t one to always shout or scream. 

 

Wheein pointed at one of the inmates standing by the corner, “You, turn the cameras away and go distract the officers.”

 

The inmate obeyed Wheein’s order and took some rags to cover the cameras so they won’t be seen by the officers or Governor. Once the cameras were covered and they’re cleared, Byulyi entered the kitchen storeroom to look for a pumpkin that Hyeri mentioned.

 

There were two pumpkins sitting on the back of a rack at the corner, and Byulyi lifted one of them. “Bingo.” The Boss took the packet of sugar and turned it upside down, the white content pouring out of the bag. Giving the pile of grains a sweep with her foot, small packets of drugs in a ziplock bag were found, and Byulyi picked them, handing it over to Wheein who immediately put it in the pocket of her hoodie to make sure no one touches it other than her. 

 

“Unnie, officers.” Wheein turned around and whispered. Hyolyn, Hyeri’s Number Two smirked when she saw Officer Yuri stepped into the kitchen.

 

“Hand me the drugs.” Byulyi gestured at Wheein’s hands that was holding the packets of ice tightly in the pockets of her hoodie.

 

“No. They will throw you in the Hole!” 

 

“Wheein, I’m not playing. Your parole will be in jeopardy if you get thrown in the Hole now.”

 

“No.” 

 

“Random search! Go stand by the wall.” Officer Yuri said after eyeing the inmates from head to toe. The officer was tipped off by someone that there was ice cream in the kitchen, which Yuri knew was code for Meth, and headed there immediately. 

 

Byulyi and Wheein were the last ones for the random search and when Byulyi was cleared, Wheein was the only one left. Her hands still clutching onto the packets of ice tightly. She took deep breaths as Yuri frisk her. 

 

“Hands,” Yuri pointed at Wheein’s hands that were balled up in the pockets of her hoodie.

 

Knowing that the search will not end until Wheein pull her hands out, she reluctantly pulled them out, leaving the packets of drugs in her pocket. 

 

Wheein received a look of disappointment and disapproval from Byulyi, who had red rims adorning her eyes. 

 

Yuri put her hands into Wheein’s pockets and fished out about five or six small bags of ice. “Hm. Seems like someone was craving ice cream, huh?” Yuri scoffed. 

 

“Yul, you and I both know it’s not hers.” Byulyi stepped in front of Yuri before she could take Wheein away to the Hole. 

 

“Do I?” Yuri smirked. “And you and I both know that until the owner of the drugs step up, your precious Number One will be in the Hole.”

 

“C’mon, let’s take a vacation in the Hole, shall we?” Yuri tugged Wheein’s arm and led her away from the group of inmates standing by the wall. 

 

“ off, Yul.” Wheein rolled her eyes as she was taken away without looking back, because if she did, she will be met by Byulyi’s eyes that were filled with disappointment and disgust that she will put her parole in jeopardy as this point.

 

After the random search, Byulyi took the chance to go to Hyeri’s cell while her crew was cleaning up the kitchen and going back to their kitchen duties. Hyeri probably has her hands down whichever nurse’s pants on duty in Medical.

 

Looking around to make sure no one was in the unit, Byulyi tossed Hyeri’s cell for any drugs that she might find other than those in the kitchen. Byulyi knows Hyeri well enough to know that the woman won’t be stupid enough to stash all her drugs in one place. She knows Hyeri well enough to know that the woman would have scattered them throughout the prison.

 

“Hey! What the are you doing?!” Hyeri came back with her hair all messed up, pants loosely hanging around her waist and her tank top crumpled. 

 

“Give me the drugs.” 

 

Hyeri smirked and one second later she was being thrown against the wall. Byulyi had her hands around her neck, threatening to strangle her. “Come and get it, why don’t you?”

 

“I will kill you with my bare hands, Lee Hyeri. I swear. I have nothing to lose and you know it.” Byulyi said in a half whisper, making sure that Hyeri really heard her. 

 

 

. . .

 

 

Yongsun got her notepad and tea ready, and a pack of gummy worms as well, but fifteen minutes have gone by and the inmate she was supposed to be having a session with didn’t show up. 

 

The psychologist was about to call an officer in to ask for the inmate’s whereabouts when she heard two knocks on her door. 

 

“Come in.” Yongsun said, gathering her things.

 

“Uh, Miss-“

 

“Yongsun, God, how many times do I have to tell you to-“

 

“Okay, Yongsun, quit nagging.” Officer Hyoyeon cut Yongsun off with a playful smile. “Jung is in the Hole for drug possession, so she won’t be here for the session today. Should I go get Kim for you?” 

 

“What? Can I see her?” 

 

“No one’s allowed to see her.” 

 

“Then can I see Byulyi? They’re close, she must know what happened.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter