we're all scared

all my stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You can't be telling

Underneath we're all scared

You can't help feeling

So many of us are unprepared

 

 

"Hey," Wheein nudged the Boss who's busy looking at the skies. It was clear, and blue, very blue, and Byulyi liked it. "Do you think they shacked up yet?"

 

Byulyi chuckled at Wheein's randomness. "No, Wheepup, I don't think so. But five bucks say our y Yul is thinking about it."

 

"Hey, Yul!" Byulyi called out, interrupting Yuri and Yongsun's conversation by the wired fences.

 

"What do you want, Moon?" Yuri walked closer, and Yongsun followed her but stay behind the taller woman. She wanted to observe Byulyi and how she interact with others from the back.

 

"Well, what I want is some pickled radish, but this hole only serves us garbage. So, instead, what I want to know is if you are thinking about sleeping with the hot shrink." Byulyi looked past Yuri and sent a wink to Yongsun, who quickly turned away.

 

"Do you want me to throw you in the Hole?"

 

"C'mon, there's no shame in admitting that! We don't judge here. I think about sleeping with you sometimes." Byulyi smirked, which earned her a warning from Yuri.

 

"One more warning and I'll throw you in the Hole and make sure you don't get out of there alive. I'll see to that." Yuri finished writing up a warning for Byulyi on her pad and left the yard.

 

"ing uptight ."

 

"At least it's a beautiful ." Wheein nudged the older woman, making her Boss throw her head back and laugh heartily.

 

Yongsun knocked on Hyejin's door and waited for her come in before entering. The Governor was busy reading some documents, as always, while looking at the CCTV monitor every few minutes. Yongsun approached her carefully, as if Hyejin was some kind of animal that shouldn't be provoked.

 

"What do you need, Yong?" 

 

"Uh... I was just wondering if you happen to know where I can get some pickled radish around here?"

 

Hyejin stopped reading the document that sat neatly on her clean desk and looked up at her friend, "Pickled radish? Why?"

 

"You know," Yongsun shrugged, "Just craving for it, out of nowhere. Nothing special. Just felt like having it."

 

"You at lying, you know that right?" Hyejin laughed at the older woman.

 

"So I've been told." Yongsun sighed, "It's for an inmate, okay? She wants to eat some pickled radish and the closest thing to pickkled radish that they serve in the dining room is ing mushy peas!"

 

"You've been here for eight seconds and they're already taking advantage of you?" Hyejin shook her head. She knew the women would take advantage of her best friend the moment she stepped into the prison.

 

"No, no, Hyejin. I... I just wanted to do something nice for her."

 

"Tell me who's that inmate and I'll consider ordering an extra pickled radish for my lunch."

 

Yongsun swallowed the lump in , "Moon Byulyi."

 

Hyejin let out a laugh and continued reading the document that she was reading before Yongsun came in. "No."

 

"Why not?" Yongsun towered over Hyejin. "Look, she was in the Hole for two weeks all by herself. ...And I forced her to talk to me about her past. I'm afraid I pushed her too far and it's getting too fast for her, so I just want her to have something nice, okay? Do this for me?"

 

"No. Yongsun, she comitted a crime. Whether it's for her sister or for herself, it doesn't matter. She broke the law and got herself here. She don't deserve something nice. None of the inmates here do. So, Yong, I suggest you stick to what you are supposed to do and not get too close with the inmates."

 

Yongsun tapped on Hyejin's desk softly before leaving her superior alone. 

 

The psychologist went back to her office and grabbed her car keys, and before she knew it, she found herself in the security screening line, with a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter