more than a woman

all my stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm so sorry that I've been away for a minute again! There were just so many things that happened during the past few weeks, I had to take some time to focus on myself. I hope this slightly longer chapter will suffice for the lack of updates! I promise you I will be back with the new chapter really soon.

I decided to publish this chapter first and then proofread it, so I apologise if there are any mistakes, I will edit them along the way.

 

Here in your arms I found my paradise

My only chance for happiness

And if I lose you now, I think I would die

Oh, say you'll always be my baby, we can make it shine

We can take forever, just a minute at a time

 

Yongsun bent down to Hayoung's level and brushed a strand of stray hair off of her face. "Hayoung, I think you're mistaken. I'm not your mom." 

 

"Yes, you are." Hayoung smiled innocently and dragged her backpack with her into Yongsun's apartment.

 

"Wha--" Yongsun turned back to Byulyi once she saw Hayoung settled down on her couch. "That's crazy, right? It's crazy, I mean how crazy is this? I don't have a daughter, that would be crazy! Crazy, right?" Yongsun rambled on and Byulyi could hardly focus on the woman in front of her.

 

Byulyi suddenly found her world crumbling down. Of course Yongsun had a big secret hidden from her. Of course everything would came tumbling down just when she thought everything was perfect.

 

"Unnie, what else are you hiding from me?" Byulyi asked, tears threatening to roll down her cheeks.

 

"What? Byul, she's not my daughter! I don't know who she is!" Yongsun's hands flailing around.

 

Byulyi let out a laugh, "Well, you know where to find me when you're ready to tell me everything." The younger woman headed back to her own apartment.

 

Yongsun closed the door behind her and poured a cup of orange juice for Hayoung. The little girl was bouncing up and down on the couch upon seeing Yongsun approach her.

 

"Drink up, little one." Yongsun sat on the edge of the coffee table. 

 

She took the empty cup from Hayoung's small hands and set them on the table. 

 

Hayoung raised a brow at Yongsun. 

 

Sighing, Yongsun asked, "How did you find me and why did you come here?"

 

Hayoung looked down, suddenly the braveness and boldness in her eyes were gone. Her shoulders were slumped and she was nervously fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

 

"My mom and dad are having a baby. Their real baby. I just wanted to find my real mom because I'm sure they don't want me anymore. I found a file in their room with your face."

 

"It's supposed to be a closed adoption." Yongsun muttered under her breath.

 

"You came here all by yourself?" Yongsun ran a hand through Hayoung's dark brown hair.

 

Hayoung nodded.

 

"Sweetie... I'm sure your parents are worried and looking all over for you. And I assure you no matter what, even if they have ten babies, you're still their daughter. Nothing can change that."

 

Yongsun could see the doubts in Hayoung's eyes and she don't blame her.

 

Hayoung's just a ten year old after all. 

 

Yongsun pulled Hayoung into her embrace and brush her hair to calm her down. 

 

After a moment, she heard Hayoung whisper softly against her ear, "Why did you abandon me?"

 

Yongsun pulled away, the little child's question shooting a million daggers into her heart. "I was young. Really young. I made a stupid mistake and you had to suffer the consequences. I wanted to give you your best chance, Hayoung. You'll only suffer if I kept you, it would be selfish of me. I did a clean break and look what happened. You became a beatiful and smart little girl."

 

And it was true. Yongsun made a mistake and she knew that if she kept Hayoung, she would leave her in her parents' care and not form any relationship with her. Hayoung didn't deserve that. She deserved a better life. She deserved a mom who wants her. So Yongsun did what she had to do. She gave her up for a closed adoption.

 

Hayoung must have gotten too tired while travelling to Yongsun's apartment, because she was fast asleep on the couch while Yongsun was making dinner. Yongsun opened Hayoung's bag and smile to herself when the little girl brought along her clothes and some candy bars with her. 

 

Yongsun woke Hayoung up and helped her change into her pyjamas before scooping her up and carrying her into her bedroom. 

 

After making sure Hayoung was tucked into her bed safe and warm, Yongsun headed towards Byulyi's apartment. Making sure to lock the door, Yongsun walked over to her girlfriend's apartment.

 

Even though Yongsun knew she didn't need to knock, she wanted to in case Byulyi was still angry at her.

 

"Byul? Can I come in?" Yongsun said against the door.

 

Instead of receiving an answer, the door opened and revealed Byulyi with bloodshot red eyes which made Yongsun instantly pull Byulyi into her arms.

 

"I'm sorry, baby." Yongsun whispered into Byulyi's ears repeatedly until the younger woman calmed down.

 

Yongsun led Byulyi to the living room and made her sit on the couch. Yongsun kneeled down in front of Byulyi and placed both hands on the younger woman's knees.

 

"Hayoung is my little girl. I'd recognise her in a heartbeat even though I only saw her for a few minutes after I gave birth to her. I was stupid, Byul. I was young and stupid."

 

"Did he you?" Byulyi managed to speak in between sobs.

 

When Yongsun didn't answer, Byulyi felt her blood boiling. "Did he you?!"

 

"No! No, he didn't." Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter