CHAPTER 9: CONNECTION

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE POV

CccRing...cccring...cccring...

I hate that I set that damn alarm clock at this hour. I slowly got up and grab my phone. I was surpised to see a couple of missed calls and messages from Jisoo.

πŸ₯: Jennie, what happened to you? Are you sick? You just left?

πŸ₯: Are you home now? Jennie, text me back please. Or could you just answer my call?

πŸ₯: Jendeuk, we're worried about you. Hey! Text me back...

In case you're wondering why, yesterday, Jisoo and Rosie wanted to eat at the nearby coffeeshop so they drag me there to be their financier. We were messing around with each other until we arrived until I saw her.

She was not alone and she was certainly having a good time. I was about to open the door when the girl beside her hugged and kissed her. She kissed her. Okay it was on the cheeks but...it was still a kiss.

Is she two-timing the chairman? In broad daylight? Or is she really a chick magnet? What was she thinking. Rush of thoughts and scenarios came to me and without thinking, I ran back to the office and went home. I slept early to forget the scene that I just witnessed.

"Get your off the bed, Jennie. Face the two-timing ." I muttered.

_____________

JENNIE POV

I was busy answering emails when someone knock at my door.

When I raise my head, I saw the last person that I want to see.Β Why am I like this? She's not my girlfriend and certainly never will. But I felt a pang of pain in my chest when I saw her yesterday with someone.

"May I help you, Miss Manoban?"

"Miss Mano--" But I cut her off.

"Yes. Miss Manoban. We're at the office so I need to be professional." I saw her furrowed her eyebrows, eyes full of questions.

She sighed. "Jennie...what did I do? Why, why are you angry with me?"

Why does my name sounds so good when she mentioned my name?

"I-I'm not angry. I'm just swamped with work. That's all." I'm still trying to avoid any eye contact with her.

"Did you wake up at the wrong side of the bed, Miss Kim? Anyway, here." She placed a paper bag beside me but I stay still on my chair not a single glance. She just heave a sigh an close the door.

After I'm sure that she really left, I quickly open the bag and saw a loaf of banana bread. A smile unconsciously escape my lips as I sway my body back and forth, humming a crazy tune that I myself did not know. I open the container and tear a little piece. It taste so good.

While munching, I decided to check my phone, there I saw some messages from my cousin, Yong. I immediately call her and to my surprise she picked up the phone instantly, as if expecting mtutuey call.

🐱: Hey sorry I missed your text messages. I just saw them now, what happened?

🐰: It's okay. I just want to talk about something. Can you drop by the coffeeshop later after work?

🐱: Sure. I'll see you later Squirtle.

🐰: Ayt!

β€”β€”β€”-
I was still a little bit full because of the banana bread that Lisa gave me hence I took my lunch past twelve noon.

I was about to exit the building when I saw a black SUV near the drop off point. A few seconds later a rushing Lalisa Manoban appea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter