CHAPTER 11: OPERATION ZOO

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA POV

This will be a busy day. I went straight to my office  to prepare for my meeting. This is about the potential acquisition of a small rural bank in Jeonju. Of course, our accounting department should be there.

I cannot wait to see Jennie and give her my gift. I bought coffee and cookies this morning and I plan to give this to her as a piece offering to whatever bad thing that I've done yesterday.

As I enter my office, Jenni was already there. My early bird Jennie. A warm sensation fills my heart as I watch her scroll her phone. She seems too immerse that she did not notice that I'm already inside.

"Hey, you're early."

She was a bit startled as she suddenly stands. "Oh, sorry. I just...the earlier the better right?" She flashed her gummy smile and I swear I hear angels.

"Y-yeah. Anyway, did you already have breakfast? I bought some cookies. C'mon let's have some."

She gladly accepted my offer and started munching. I looked at her and the butterflies started to come out of my stomach. My heart started beating erratically.

"Ah, Jennie, I just want to say sorry If I did something wrong yesterday. You seemed upset with me. Please forgive, for whatever that is." I sincerely apologized while looking her in the eyes. My hands slowly reaching for her elbow.

"I-I'm sorry too Lisa. I didn't mean to snapped at you. I was just really swamped with work. You know that, with this acquisition stuff." She replied sheepishly.

I just smiled and drink my coffee. In a few minutes our CFO and Jisoo came. During our meeting, I cannot help but stare at Jennie. She was very beautiful from where I'm looking. Whenever I threw a joke, she will show her gummy smile and the butterflies in my stomach will play again, making circles.
————

"We'll get back to you Miss Lisa for the remaining information that we need on our next meeting." Jisoo said as we adjourned our meeting.

"We'll leave now." Said our CFO.

"Yeah, ah, Jennie, I need still need to clarify some things about the rural bank, can you please stay for a little bit?" I requests.

After Jisoo and Mr. Yu left, I called Jennie to sit on the chair near my desk.

"What are the things that you need to clarify, Lisa?"

"Ah, that. Actually, none." I slightly scratch my cheek.

"What? Then why do you asked me to stay?" She irritably asked.

"I-I just want to ask if...if you're free this weekend?"

"Free for what?"

"Free for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter