CHAPTER 16: PAST & PRESENT

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE POV

I never expected to be this happy since I let Lisa court me. It's been two months and she is nothing but patient, just like now. I was having my PMS and my mood swings are over the roof. But here she is, buying meds and foods that I love. How can I not fall in love with this one. I was lost in thoughts that I did not realize that she was already talking to me.

"Hey, Jennie. You're spacing out again. Do you want to skip work?" Lisa asked me right after our meeting.

"Huh, no. I'm okay. You know we're avoiding unnecessary rumors right? We already talked about this." Lisa nods in agreement.

Since the beginning of her courting, we agreed that we should act professional whenever we are in the office to avoid gossips from fellow employees.

Lisa quickly agreed saying that she don't want to be part of office rumors. She is very understanding and sweet. She waits for me after work, take me to dinner sometimes and drive me home.

She never took advantage of me, which is kind of irritating because I'm starting to think that I'm not attractive enough. Although I appreciate the gesture, I wish that she would ask me already if I could be her girlfriend.

It was a lazy Saturday night and Lisa has not message me the whole day. I hate to admit it but I'm starting to miss the presence of the monkey.

"Jennie, you can message her." Yong said as she continue to read her book.

"I don't want. I don't want her to think that I'm being clingy or needy. We're not even official." I sigh.

"Yong, am I bad looking?"

"What? Where is this all coming from?"

"It's just that Lisa is not making any move until now. I'm starting to think that she's not finding me attractive enough."

"You're thinking too much, Jennie. Maybe she's just busy today. She has her own life too. Why don't you message her? Ask her about her day?" Yong suggested.

Ding!

A notification on my phone. It's Lisa. My heart skipped a beat and the butterflies started to churn in my stomach.

🐡: Hi kitten. Sorry I was not able to message you. I was kinda busy. Let me make it up to you. Are you free tonight? Let's grab a bite?

🐱: No worries. I'm also busy today. I'm free tonight. Pick me up at 7?

🐡: Sure sure! I'll see you in a bit.

β€”β€”
LISA POV

"I'm sorry but I need to go. I have an appointment at 7." I excused myself. I'm actually with Atty. Hyejin discussing the documents that I need to sign for my legalization as my father's daughter.

"Okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter