CHAPTER 22: THE ANNOUNCEMENT

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night after the hullabaloo at the restaurant, Lisa had a mouthful from Jennie. She realized that her tolerance to sound was pretty much higher than a normal human being. Likewise, Moon Byul did not escape the wrath of Yong. The angry bunny punch and punch the hamster's shoulder and before the night ended, the hamster realized that her shoulder was probably made of ironclad. 

 

——

This is the day the Moon family is waiting. The announcement of the partriarch's retirement and Lisa's chairmanship. 

 

"We need you at the presscon an hour before the set time, okay. Don't be late Byul. No more monkey business." Lisa said over the phone.

 

"Okay okay. And I'm not the monkey, you are the monkey. Will you please relax? Anyway, I will bring Yong with me. She took a leave from work today. Is Jennie coming with you?"

 

"I'm not sure but I already asked her yesterday. She did not give me an answer yet."

 

"Okay. Just relax. We'll see you in the venue."

 

Lisa was about to leaver her office when Jennie knocked. 

 

"Hey, sweetie. I missed you." She enveloped the smaller woman before giver her a peck on the cheeks.

 

"Lisa, baby, I think I cannot attend the presscon later." Jennie said in a tiny voice, her eyes restless and looking everywhere except Lisa.

 

"Oh...well, it's okay sweetie. You can wait for me here. We'll can  dinner after the event." She kissed her temple and carress her head, assurikg her that it's okay. 

 

They hug each other for a couple of minutes until a light knock was heard. It was 30 minutes before the event and Lisa needs to leave.

 

"I hate to leave you here but I really need to go sweetie. I'll see you later, okay? Wish me luck." Lisa caress Jennie's face and peck her lips. 

 

"Goodluck baby. I'm so proud of you. Please always remember that." Jenni smiled. She gave Lisa one last hug before she shove her to the door. 

 

——

 

Dub..dub dub..dub dub...

 

Lisa's heart will explode any minute. Her knees are getting weaker as seconds pass by. She is pacing back and forth the waiting area, much to Byul's irritation. 

 

"Can you please stop Lisa? It's annoying. You're getting annoying. Sit down and calm your nerves."

 

"I can't Byul. I do not know how the people will react. I have so many what ifs. I wish Jennie was here too."

 

Byul stands up and hold her sister's shoulders, "Lisa, monkey, look at me. Remove all the what ifs. You're family is here, appa and me. Who cares about what people will and might think. You have us. And Jennie too."

 

"Yeah, you're right. I can do this." She said a little breathy while straightening her suit.

 

——

 

"Please welcome, Mr. Moon Jae Im." Round of applause was heard inside the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter