CHAPTER 14: GOT YOU

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA POV

 

I was standing in front of Jennie's apartment for almost 10 minutes now. Not that I complain but our reservation will not wait for us. 

 

A couple of minutes more and an angel appeared in front of me. "Am I in heaven now? Can you lead me to God?" I said and I heard her giggle. Can the butterfly in my stomach stop right now because I can't think straight. Well, I'm not really. 🤷‍♀️

 

"Don't be silly. Sorry for keeping you waiting. I really should have let you in the apartment but it was a mess. Let's go now."

 

It's quiet. Really quiet. I can even hear the aircon. It's awful that I cannot say anything to her except to admire her side profile when the red light is on. 

 

"Will you stop doing that, Lalisa."

 

"Huh?? W-what?"

 

"Side glancing at me. Just keep your eyes on the road." She hissed. But I can see her side glancing at me too when the green light is on. Don't me, Jennie. 

 

Finally, we arrived. I made a reservation to a Thai restaurant to show her my mother's culture and also because I really miss my mom. It's been a couple of months and our only communication is video calling. 

 

"A Thai restaurant. I never knew of this spot. How did you find this?" 

 

"I asked someone." I actually asked my dad to open one since I arrived in Korea so that I can still eat the foods that my mom used to cook back home. 

 

 

"Good evening Miss Manoban. This way to your seats." The manager guide us to our table and I can see Jennie being lost to the surroundings. 

 

"It was a beautiful place Lisa. Thank you for bringing me here." She flashed her gummy smile and I can feel my heart almost stops. 

 

"I'm glad you liked it."

 

——-

 

While eating, I notice that Jennie keeps on looking at me. Seems like she wants to ask me something. 

 

"What is it?" I asked her, head down and looking at the foods on my plate. 

 

"Eherm...nothing."

 

"You keep looking at me, like I have something on my face, so what is it?"

 

"I..i just want to say sorry. About yesterday." She replied averting my gaze. 

 

I hold her free hand and starts drawing circles on top of it. It seems that I got her attention as she lift her head which made our eyes met. 

 

"Don't worry about it. By the way, you look beautiful." 

 

"T-thank you." She tries to lower her head again but I stop her by holder her chin. 

 

"Don't be shy. It seems like you're not the scary kitten at the office when you do that." I chuckled.

 

"Yah! I'm not a scary kitten. And I'm not shy. I'm just not used to people staring at me."

 

"Then you should get use to it by now because I'm planning to look at you everyday." I saw her blush. To add more cheesiness, I tuck some strands of hair to her ear. I swear, she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter