CHAPTER 2: THE MOON

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BYUL POV

 

2 weeks before Leandro died. 

 

I was in a meeting when I receive a call from my dad. He told me to have lunch with him because he was about to ask me something. 

 

My dad is not a showy kind but he's not so stiff and strict either. He's a good father and provider. He never missed a single school program when I was growing up. When my mom passed away when I was in second year college, he became even more focused on me. He said, that time with the one he loves was more important than anything. Even money. 

 

Growing up, I learned that I have a half sister named Lalisa Manoban. I accidentally heard my father talking to her on the phone. I was 15 then. I asked him why Lisa was not with us and he explained everything (I know readrers are curious but I will tell the whole backstory in the later chapters 😉). 

 

Since then I tried to communicate with her more. We became close eventually and when I graduated in college I went to the Philippines to see her for the first time. 

 

And now I'm back. I need to deliver the message that our father asked me to. I'm not sure if this is the right timing but we really need her. 

 

—————

"Uh, Hammy...Byul! Hey, you're spacing out." 

 

"Sorry, Lisa. Ah, anyway, I went here to say my condolences of course. But there's one more thing." I paused. I'm trying to pick the right words.

 

"So, our dad asked me something. He wanted to tell you this himself but with the passing of uncle Leandro, he knows that you might take this the wrong way." I paused again. I'm trying to search for her eyes, gauging if I will still be alive after delivering the message. 

 

Sending a little nod, I countined. "He wants you to go back to Korea, Lisa. He wants you to manage our new business venture. He recently bought the majority of stocks of Daegu Metropolitan Bank." She did not say anything. She just stared at me as if she wants me to continue and so I did. 

 

"He knows, we know, that you're currently working as the head accountant in your current job. We know that you can be a good COO in our own company, unnie." 

 

I'm kind of scared of her reaction. I really don't want to push her but this is for our father. I know that she did not grew up with us but we're still family. I also know that our father sent her financial support and tried to keep in touch with her specially during special occasions like her birthday and graduation. 

 

She took a deep breath before speaking. 

 

"We just lost my father, I mean my stepfather, but you know what I mean Byul Yi.", she said in a lower, deeper tone. 

 

"I understand unnie. And i will also understand if you say no. But think about it first. Anyway, I'm staying here for 3 days. I can give you that time, so please think about it? Please unnie?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter