CHAPTER 3: JENNIE

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE POV

It has been a busy month. For the past few days, I'm spending my officetime in a lots of meeting. They almost overlapped. This was because of the buy-out.

The company that I'm currently working was bought by no other than Moon Jae Im. One of the biggest chaebol in South Korea. Most of the employees are stressed out and that includes me. Who will not be.

A buy out means new management. New management means new people entering the company and usually retrenchment follows because of duplicated jobs or the new management will get someone from outside.

As I enter Daegu Metropolitan Bank, there are people talking at the lobby. I can hear them talking about our new COO.

"Have you heard? It's quite odd and obvious at the same time" I heard one of the receptionist.

"Yeah. Out of the blue? And one of the highest positions. A little president. Wow. At a young age too." One of the associates answered.

I just walk past them and enter the elevator. But just like the hallway, there are so many bees inside.

"I can tell that the new owner has an inkling to younger woman. Must be good in 'other activities' don't you think?" One of the young man said as he nudge his colleague.

"He's a widower so I do not see any problem. But the 'girlfriend' must be so good she was able to land a very good position. So many 'positions' huh." He replied while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Such a gold digger attitude." Another man in.

The three of them started to giggle. Thankfully, I arrived on my floor. These erts. But honestly, I was also intrigued by our incoming COO. I heard her name is Lalisa Manoban.

I went to my office and start my day. Come lunch time, Jisoo came barging infront of my office.

"Hey, Miss Head accountant. Lunch time. There so many things to talk about today. Hurry up!"

"Oh, Jisoo. Is this about the rumor circulating the whole building?" I asked.

"Yup! And it is very juiceeeyyy! Just like my chickens. So get your off that chair and let's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter