CHAPTER 13: STICKY NOTE

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA POV

I envy the hamster. Seriously. She came barging into my pad from her date with Yong Sun the other night and kept on blabbering non-stop. If she was not my sister, I will throw her at the balcony.

Yeah. I get it. Everything went well to their first official date while me. Well, me. Jennie is mad with me again today. What did I do this time? I just went to her office to give her a cup of coffee.

Okay, well, I placed a small note on the coffee holder. It says: Just like this coffee, you're smile warms my heart. I cannot wait for tomorrow. xoxo Lisa

 

 

What is wrong with what I wrote? Tell me. Isn't sweet? Most girls will scream out of excitement when they received something like that. Jennie's push and pull is stressing me out.

______

JENNIE POV

She is really sweet and romantic. I almost choked when I saw the note on the coffee holder. But I cannot let my guard down. I'm on a mission here. But I cannot erase the look on face earlier...

"What is this?" I picked up the note from the coffee holder.

"Ah...a note? A letter?" She sarcastically replied.

"I know that. I'm not blind. What I mean is, why do you put this kind of thing here? What if somebody sees it? Are you not afraid?" I cannot believe I said that.

"Why will I be afraid? I'm just showing a simple gesture? Why are you so worked up?"

"I'm not worked up. What will other people say to me? Or to you? Your the COO, Lisa. The least you can do is act like one around everyone."

"I am acting like one. You said be professional in the office and I'm doing just that. You call me boss or miss when we are in an meeting, I don't mind because you said act professional. Does it include giving coffee to you?"

"Argh...you don't understand. The walls have eyes, the floors have ears, the doors have mouths."

"Ah....You do not want to be involved with me? Is that it? But why? As far as I know I just invited you in the most possible discreet way to dinner tomorrow."

I was taken aback from what she said. My mind went blank instantly.

"I—I.."

"Just tell me if you want to cancel the dinner tomorrow. Good day." Then she left. Without throwing me a single glance.

I was brought back to reality when my phone rings. It is Yong.

🐱: Hey...

🐰: Hey, you sounded defeated. What happened?

🐱: I think. I think I messed up.

🐰: Is this about Lisa? What happened?

🐱: Y-yes. I think I maybe a little overboard. She gave coffee awhile ago with sticky note on it. Then I lashed out at her. I asked her if she's not afraid that someone might see it.

🐰: I bet she asked you why and you cannot say anything because you're a coward.

🐱: How did you know? Did you put a camera on my things?

🐰: I just know Jennie. You're a very idealistic person. You think highly of people with skills and talent, those who worked hard to prove themselves. Just like you. You worked hard to be where you are now...

🐱: It's not that I do not highly of her. She is my boss for goodness sake.

🐰: Given that she is your boss, but with all these rumors and all your nonsense theories, you're making a prejudice. You're judging her character based on hearsays?

🐱: I don't. I-I...

🐰: Go to her or email or message her or whatever. Say sorry, I'm sure y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter