CHAPTER 20: DETECTIVES

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black car is hiding near a three Michelin stars Italian restaurant. Inside of the fairly tinted sedan are two figures hiding below the dashboard. Both of them are wearing bonnets and sunglasses with matching facemasks to cover their identities. 

 

"We look like total idiots, Jennie."

 

"Shhh..shut up Yong and just look outside. Be alert."

 

"Can I ask you something Jen, how did you know that they will go here?"

 

"I read the message in Lisa's phone when she fetch me earlier at my apartment."

 

"What? You read her messages without her permission. Wow! that is kind of invasion of privacy, you know?" 

 

"Yong, I did not intentionally read it. She left her phone unlocked when she went out of the car to buy us breakfast.  I say it's a blessing in disguise. This Hyejin messaged her that their usual spot is fully booked and that they will transfer here." 

 

"Wooahh...usual spot."

 

"Right? That irked me even more. It means that they've been going out for quite some time now."

 

"You know what, you could have just ask Lisa if you can join her."

 

"I did. Yesterday night and this morning. But she said that this meeting is purely business and that I will just get bored. You sure your hamster do not know this Hyejin?"

 

"Yup. I asked her yesterday after...'that'" (her fingers doing the quote thingy).

 

"Ewww! TMI!"

 

"Whatever. She said that she's a friend and there is nothing to worry." 

 

Jennie let a soft sigh and get bring back her attention on the restaurant's entrance.

 

After a few more minutes of waiting, their targets arrived. "There. I saw Lisa and maybe that is Hyejin." exclaimed Yong.

 

"She looks beautiful, Jennie. She looks smart. She looks like a bigshot mo---oohh!!!"

 

Jennie pinch the mandu cheeks of Yong upon hearing her remarks. "Are you really my cousin? You do not have to tell me that. I can clearly see the ."

 

"Watch your mouth Kim."

 

"Back at you OLDER Kim." Jennie fired back which earn a glare from the Yongsun.

 

"Let's go inside. We need to catch them in the act." 

 

"Hold your horses Jennie. We should remain discreet to avoid scaring our targets." Jennie nods. They carefully approach the entrance and ask the receptionist for a table near Lisa's.

 

"Can we get a table near those two who just recently entered? The tall lady?" Jennie asked.

 

"Oh, Miss Manoban and Miss Ahn?  Are you their companions? You can actually join their table." 

 

"No! No! No! We are...fans. We are fans of Lisa. We saw her on TV these past few months." Jennie said in panicked. 

 

"Oh! Okay. Sure, I will check if there are available seats." Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter