CHAPTER 5: THE COO

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE POV

The day has finally arrived. Today, our new COO will be introduced. I really do not know what to expect. As soon as I enter the building, I could hear the buzz from the employees at the lobby. 

 

"She looks so hot in that dark blue suit." one of the employees squeaked.

 

"Yeah, she is also tall and lean. She smells so good too. I cannot believe she's the 'girlfriend' of the new owner. She could be my girl instead. IHHHH!" another girl said while fanning herself.

 

Weird people. The other day they talked about her being a gold digger, now they want her to be their girl.

 

The scene in the elevator is also the same but this time they are males.

 

"Dude, the new COO is so hot. I saw her passed the lobby. She's y as hell." 

 

"Now, I know why the chairman fell for her. I would do the same if I were him, hehehehe."

 

These erts, they will really not stop. s. As I take off the elevator, a shout startled me. 

 

 

"JENNIEEEE!" I almost drop the cup of coffee that I'm holding because of Jisoo.

 

"Jisoo, for goodness sake, can you please stop shouting." 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I..I'm..wohhh."

 

"You what?"

 

"Have you seen the new COO?"

 

"Nope. But based on the bees at the lobby, these are not my words...she looks and smells good."

 

"Ohhh!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA, JEN!" She shouted again. 

 

"I swear Jisoo, I'm so close in smacking your mouth. I'm not really interested on how she looks or whatever, I'm more interested in her wor....."

 

I suddenly froze. 

 

Following Jennie's line of sight, Jisoo turn around and saw their new COO, Lalisa Manoban, standing outside their CFO's office. 

 

"Jennie...hey..EARTH TO JENNIE KIM!"

 

"Wha-what?" 

 

"What What!? You were saying something about not being interested with our new COO's looks but you froze." Jisoo stared at me with smug on her face. 

 

"Aherm., I did not freeze. I...well. Is that her? Is that Lalisa Manoban?"

 

"Yeah. Look at her Jenduek. She's like a gooddess."

 

"Hmm..she's okay. She looks okay." I said nonchalantly. I saw Jisoo rolled her eyes in disbelief.

 

I look at her direction and I saw our CFO and Lisa coming to our direction. She looks like a politician, she bows and smiles to everyone. In all fairness, her smile is captivating, I unconsciously smile too.

 

"Oh my gosh, what did I just.." I whispered.

 

"You did what?" Jisoo scooted near me.  But I just shook my head.

 

Our CFO and Lisa stop in front of us. I involuntarily inhaled her scent. She does smells nice. A hint of vanilla and maybe lavender. She bowed and smiled to us,  I bit my lip to suppress a smile.  

 

"Ah, Miss Lisa, this is Jisoo Kim, the head of our Reportorial Division."

 

"Hello Miss Manoban, welcome to Daegu Metro Bank."

 

"Pleasure is mine, Jisoo. I hope we get along." She offered a handshake. 

 

"And this is Jennie Kim,  she is our head accountant. She's the head of the General Accounting Division. You will be working closely with her."

 

She looked at me and flashed her million dollar smile. "Pleased to meet you, Jennie. I'm Lisa." She extended her hand signaling a handshake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter