CHAPTER 19: SECRETS

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months passed so quickly. The acquisition is coming to fruitition the coming week and Jennie could not be more thankful. 

 

She is not the jealous type before with her former boyfriends but with Lisa, it is a different story. In that short amount of time that they are together, she realized that the COO is the sweetest person that she ever met and this cost them some petty fights. 

 

The COO was naturally sweet and attentive that in their first month celebration, the taller woman surprised her with a dinner date. It was so simple except for the yatch and the mini orchestra playing sweet music. 

 

Yes, the monkey went all out and rented a yatch which earned her a good long sermon from the kitten. 

 

"Nothing is extravagant for you sweetie. You deserve the best."

 

Jennie just shakes her head every time she remembers that cheesy moment. They are now in Jennie's apartment having their usual chill night. 

 

"So, baby, the acquisition deal will be finalize next week?"

 

"Yup. You'll never get to see Irene, sweetie. So relax now." Lisa chuckled. 

 

"What's that suppose to mean Manoban?" Jennie glared at the taller woman.

 

"I'm just joking sweetie. Calm down." The kitten is about to smack the monkey when the oven sound off.

 

"Ooppsss! I will just get the popcorn." Lisa stands up, sprinting to the kitchen.

 

Jennie was left in the living room scanning Netflix when Lisa's phone vibrated. She is not a sneaky girlfriend and she totally trust Lisa but something in her gut tells her to peak at Lisa's phone that is flashing a message from a certain "Hyejina".

 

"Who is Hyejin?" she thought. She was about to pick the phone when Lisa came back from the kitchen holding a bowl of popcorn.

 

"Someone texted you. A Hyejin." Jennie immediately said.

 

"Oh...go ahead pick a movie. I'll just make a quick call." Lisa went to Jennie's small terrace. Jennie keeps on throwing quick glances at the monkey but curiosity got in  to her so she decided to eardrop. 

 

"....I'll see you tomorrow then. Do I need to bring something?..."

 

Jennie's eyes widened upon hearing these words. She is trying to be logical and think of other things like maybe this Hyejin is a co-worker. But she knows almost all of Lisa's co-worker since they work in the same bank. Maybe she's a business client. But why does she have to go outside to make a call? If that is a client she will eventually know this sooner or later.

 

Her train of thoughts was broken when Lisa speaks again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter