CHAPTER 7: THE COMPETITION

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE POV

Everyone is in a rush since the chairman will visit the office this afternoon. The special meeting that Jisoo and I attended, discussed the possible things that the Chairman may ask. Lisa presided and I can say that she totally has a COO aura. I cannot help but admire her even more.

Two in the afternoon...

"Everyone, the chairman will visit every floor, I need us to be in our best behavior, okay?" Our CFO said.

We all said yes in unison. After a few minutes, men in suits walk inside our office. Behind them is Lisa and beside her is the chairman, Moon Jae Im.

Everyone is ecstatic. Seeing the chairman for the first time. It's not everyday that you got to see a chaebol shaking hands and smiling with their employees. He looks very sharp and an intimidating aura certainly surrounds him. The way he carries himself speaks of power. It commands respect. It's like the way Lisa carries herself.

"What are you thinking Jen?" Rosie whispered. "You look very serious. Smile a bit."

"Yeah. Sorry about that." I answered, still looking at Mr. Moon. I took a deep breath and was about to flash a smile when a sudden action of the chairman caught my eyes.

He slowly raised his hand and place it at Lisa's shoulder. Slowly caressing it. He then slowly bring his hand at her back. Lisa was laughing while looking at the man with longing in her eyes. The same goes with the chairman. Their eyes speak of, I don't know? Love? Is she really his girlfriend?"

I small sigh escape my mouth and it did not go unnoticed by Jisoo.

"I know what you're thinking. I think so too. She is clearly her girlfriend. Look at how they look at each other and their body language speaks volume." She explained.

"I just..I cannot believe it. I mean, you just saw her conduct the meeting. She has it in her. She has the people and management skills. She doesn't need to be someone's dirty little secret."

"We surely don't know her. Be careful, whipped kitten." Rosie butted in.

"Shut up you two. And who says I'm whipped. I'm not. Is it bad to admire someone's skills?" I'm trying to control my temper as I saw Lisa and the chairman go near us.

"Mr. Moon this is our Accounting Group. This is our CFO, Mr. Yu and these are the people under his team. Jisoo Kim, head of Reportorial accounting and Jennie Kim, head of General accounting." She explained.

"Nice to meet all of you. Please take care of Lisa here. She's relatively new to South Korea. Your help is very much appreciated. Please support her." He smiled politely and bow to us.

"Aherm, Mr. Moon." Lisa tapped the old man's shoulder.

They proceeded to our CFO's office and stayed their for a good twenty minutes. It's pure agony to see them. I can say that they are very close and that the rumors might he true.

When they were about to go out the room, Mr. Moon swiftly glanced at me. It was too short and fast that maybe he thinks that I did not see it.

"What was that for?" I mumbled. Am I that obvious? Am I staring at Lisa too long?"

"Yes, you're too obvious. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter