CHAPTER 8

THE DEMON LORD'S WIFE (BOOK 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Few Thousand Years Ago,

She hid her pain behind the smile on her face as he introduced the woman beside him.

"Anna, this is Lady Haru, she will be living with us starting today," she raised her eyebrows as she heard him.

"Hold on, you do realise that I am now your wife, Sunghoon,"

"I know,"

"Then aren't you shame to bring her, your misstress to live with us?" she almost screamed but hold herself.

 

"Anna, everyone in my clan knew she is the woman I love and my lover way back before you came into our life,"

"And so? You need to accept that your love and her aren't mean to be,"

"Anna, you're crossing the line,"

"What? I am right! I am meant to be with you, Park Sunghoon! I refuse to let her stay here!"

"Hong Leanna!" she went into silent.

 

Her eyes widen.

Park Sunghoon never raise his voice even he was angry to her.

"Wow, you never raise your voice to me,"

"You just didn't listen. Now, I will make it clear to you, if you ever tried to chase her out from here and hurt her, I swear, you're going to regret it," he said before leaving her while holding Haru's hand.

 

Leanna bit her bottom lips as she clenched her knuckled until it turned white.

"Okay, since I love you so much, then so be it," she silently said it.

 

 

She turned to her side and looked at the empty cold space. It had been 8 months ever since he left her just to sleep with his misstress. She sat up and pulled the sheet while leaning against the bedpost. She pulled her knees to her chest and silently looked at her wrist.

The vein appeared clearly on her white skin.

 

Instead of a normal color vein, it was a black one.

No one knew the pain of having the poison blood running inside her body. Not even her family knew about this. All she can do was blaming herself for being stupid, reckless and naive little girl when she wrongly helped that man that day.

 

A door softly closed and she turned to see her husband. 

"You're not sleep yet?" he asked and she just stared at him.

"Anna?" he called her and she just sigh then slowly laid back to the bed while ignoring Sunghoon who was still standing not far from the bed.

 

She felt the space beside her dipped and still, she didn't turn to look him but remained stay on her side. He looked at the back of her and wait for her to hug him whenever she used to do every night.

But that night, weirdly, she just laid there withou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter