Bond

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV:

I didn't even know these girls, but something about them pulled me with them. I just trusted them and ran away with them. I knew it was probably the most dangerous thing I could have ever done but I decided to take the risk. That girl Momo.. She was our queen. But I felt this pull towards her. A strange pull that didn't feel normal. It wasn't like the kind of pull you felt for the queen but it was more like a life string. I decided to leave it as my mind was already overwhelmed and I was tired from running. We had stopped at the office and Jihyo had filled in some forms while Momo and the rest grabbed some food and weapons. I just followed them around. We kept running until we entered the forest.

"Do we have to go there?" Nayeon asked

"Scared unnie?" Chaeng smirked and asked. Earth was her element so she must be at ease here.

"I am not!" Nayeon huffed and stomped ahead.

Chae rolled her eyes and said to me " Just wait.. She hates bugs and she will go running to her girlfriend. If she doesn't I will make sure she does"

"Yaa! Why would you do that?" I asked her with a laugh as we had slowed down our pace and were now walking. 

"Guys! I need to rest" Jeongyeon yelled from behind me. I stopped and looked at Jihyo who was leading us somewhere.

"Not here... Just a few minutes Jeong. We'll be there" Jihyo called out from the front. I kept on walking straight and was lost in my thoughts. I didn't realise who I was walking next to until she spoke "Sorry you got involved in all this"

I was shocked. When did Momo come next to me? Where was Chaeng? Oh gods.. Do I call her Your Majesty?

"Uh No... Its fun actually. I kinda like it" I admitted with a small smile. I looked around to find that we were alone and that the others weren't there..  Huh?

"They're behind us. Way behind us. Jihyo stayed back to guide them. You aren't tired?" She asked me.

I looked at her and shook my head. I hadn't been paying attention to where I was walking and tripped over a stone. I would have fallen if she hadn't caught me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me back.
"You okay?" she asked. I just nodded and walked behind her

Her touch sent jolts through my body and I could hear her heart, could see her and her only. It was like she was the center of my universe. She was the reason I was here. It wasn't because of the adventure that I came here. Oh gods. But... I couldn't say anything to her. Should I tell her? This wasn't possible right? Nope. How was I bound to the Queen? I didn't even know her! Was this why I felt a tug towards this group? Oh god.. This was awkward! We kept walking till we reached a cave covered in vines.

"We need to wait for the others, so let's rest while they come." She said and I nodded still shocked and lost about the fact that she was my soulmate. What would she do if she knew about this? Would she.. She be ashamed? That I don't know what my abilities are? What if.. What if I end up having no magical abilities? Would she still talk to me? I don't know why but I could only think of her even though I met her a few hours ago.
We sat below the tree and waited for the others to arrive.

"Yaaa!" I could hear someone shout from a distance.

"They're almost here" Momo said and looked at the cave. She pulled out a dagger and twirled it in the air.

Even her twirling the dagger seemed to be impressive. Argh! Why was I so unlucky?

Soulmates were your other half. They completed you. They were your one reason to live. The match was always perfect. Soulmates were always right. It was never a mistake was it? I buried those thoughts as Jihyo and the others were here.

"Yaa! Momo! Can't wait for us eh?" Nayeon asked Momo with a scowl

Momo didn't seem to hear her. She flinched and turned to Chaeng.

"Uncover this. It has three layers. It's a little different and might be harder for you to make it bend to your will, but do it." She told her. She looked at Jihyo and said "I'll be back". Jihyo seemed confused but nodded nonetheless.

I don't know why, but I went behind Momo. She could run! But luckily I could run too. I might've gotten lost somewhere in the middle as I couldn't see her anymore. Uh oh.

Suddenly, I felt a pang of fear inside me. I was lost. I was... lost. I didn't have magic. I didn't know where I was. I didn't have any weapons. I didn't know how to fight. I was helpless. I was weak. I began to panic and I ran with no direction in mind. I ended up near a river and looked around me. The sky was bright and shining. I heard some rustling from the bushes behind me. I froze and then whirled around.

"Momo?" I called out.

No reply

"Momo? Is that you?" I called out again.
I got no reply but I could feel something moving behind me. I felt tears falling out of my eyes as I turned my head to look. I turned but there was nothing. I could feel the adrenaline rush but...Was I going crazy? I heard a twig snap and I looked to my left to see an arrow pointed to me. I... I was going to die. I couldn't move. I was frozen. I was going to die. Why did I get lost? Time seemed to slow down as I saw the man pull the string and let the arrow fly. I could see it coming closer to me by the second, yet I couldn't move. I closed my eyes bracing myself for the impact and pain.

 

Momo's POV:

I'd been waiting for the others while Mina seemed to be in a daze. She seemed to be thinking of something that was truly shocking. was slightly open and her eyebrows were scrunched together. I left her to her thoughts and pulled out my dagger. I needed to spill my blood at the entrance and draw a protection spell once we all went in. The dark queen might be strong, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter