Dreams

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV:

I felt someone grab my arm and haul me up. I cracked open an eye to see that the cell door had been opened. I had been summoned. I forced my other eye to open and looked around me. I hadn't eaten in god knows how long. I was starving, weak and miserable. They dragged me out of my cell and threw me onto the ground. I winced in pain as I hit the ground and tried to get up. My hands and legs failed to support me as I fell onto the ground again. I felt someone yank my head back by pulling my hair. I screamed in pain at the sheer force that was used to pull me back. When I opened my eyes, I saw the person who'd ruined everything. My brother.

 

"Shhh.. Sharon, don't worry. You'll be fine darling" he said in the same voice he always used to soothe me.

 

I had never realized this before but after having spent my time in that cell, I realized that my brother was never on my side. He had sworn an oath to that . He'd cheated me. And now looking at him, I didn't feel anything. I realized that there were two kinds of people in this world, there were those whom I hated and would never want to talk to in my life and then there were those who hated me for what I'd done and would never talk to me in their life either. So in short, the whole world hated me. I was fine with it. I decided that I would be fine with it. After all, my mother always said that everything bad that happened, happened for a reason.

 

I hissed at him and averted my eyes from his face. He held my chin and forced me to meet his eyes.

 

"Don't ever look away," he said in a quiet whisper. His voice made me shiver and flinch. He smirked and snapped his fingers once. Before I knew it, a  whip landed on my back making me hiss. I turned around to look and found myself in a pit. A fighting pit. How the hell did I come here? I looked around to see that the arena was rising. Which meant I was brought here for the public's entertainment. I pushed myself up and steadied myself. 

 

"Citizens of the Darke! Behold the fight of our very own Sharon Myoui!" the announcer called our pointing to me. I could hear the people cheer for me as I turned to look at my opponent.  I hated these matches. It was a match where only one person could walk out alive. And not to mention I was exhausted and starved. Well, I was glad to die. I just wanted to die in a better way. Not in a pit fight. Hell no. I felt them turn off my inhibitor. I felt my magic swirl around me. I knew what they wanted me to do. Be a doll and entertain the citizens. Show them why Sharon Myoui was feared. Why my name sent the most powerful men crying back home.

 

I let the ground rumble as I concentrated hard and pulled my power to me. The bright sunny sky was now dark and gloomy. The crowd roared at this display and I turned towards the gate where my opponent was. The door opened revealing one of the gang members who was well known for his insane speed around the arena and his skills in fighting. I would have not thought of it much but I'd used a considerable portion of my energy in summoning my powers. Now I didn't know if I had anything in my left to beat him. There were no rules in these matches. You just fought until you died or if you killed your opponent.

 

He sauntered over to where I was standing in the ring and mocked me. I hissed but didn't make a move. The horn blew indicating that the fight had begun. Before I could even take a stance a blow came to my left temple making me see stars. I wobbled and looked at the blurry ground before I looked back up to see another blow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter