Fights

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Nayeon's POV:
I closed the door to our room and walked over to Jeong who was staring out from the balcony. I hugged her from the back and inhaled her scent. 
"What do you think will happen to us?" She asked me
"I don't know love" I said and kissed her neck. 
"The war was supposed to happen anyways" I added and she turned in my arms. 
"Yes, but I don't want anything to happen to you" she admitted in a soft whisper and laid her forehead on mine. I closed my eyes and replied "Jeong, Momo is the queen and our best friend. We can't leave her alone. And besides we can protect ourselves." I smirked as I said the last part. I pecked her lips and leaned back but she leaned forward and  kissed me. 

--

I felt the sun's rays falling on my face in the morning and opened my eyes. I smiled when I saw the girl sleeping next to me. She was soo beautiful. I kissed her forehead, eyelids, the tip of her nose and her temple and sat up in bed.
"You missed one" she whispered and I turned to her.
"Hmm?" I asked
"Here" she said and pouted. I giggled and pecked her lips. 
A knock was heard on the door and I heard Sana through the door saying "Can we come in?"
"Nooooo!" Jeong said into the pillow.
"Please be up and about cuz we're coming in" Sana said and opened the door. 
"Where's Mina and Mo?" I asked as I made space for Sana and Tzu to sit down.
"This is a little awkward." Sana started
"Sana, I told you we shouldn't meddle but you didn't listen to me!" Jihyo huffed and glared at her.
It was too early for me to understand them.
"Mina is Momo's soulmate" Sana stated. A wave of silence followed the declaration.
"Wow, I thought you will create a story for it" Jihyo said with a laugh.
"What did you say?" Jeong asked
"Mina is Momo's soulmate" Sana repeated.
"Oh my god" Chaeng got out. 
Tzu and  I seemed to have lost the ability to speak
"That's good right?" Dahyun asked
"That's the problem!" Sana whined
"How?" I asked her
"I had a vision.. It didn't end well" Jihyo explained. 
"We can't change it!" Jeong huffed as she finally opened her eyes and sat up slowly.
"But, I want Momo to be happy! She has been hurt enough in her life" Sana whispered softly
"Sana unnie, I understand but we cannot interfere!" Tzu said and I nodded.
"Jihyo? What do you say?" Jeong asked her.
"I.... Don't know. I cannot see things clearly when it comes to Momo. That girl has a strong shield. Whether she knows of that shield or not I don't know, but it exists. Yesterday I was sure they'd be together but then in the night I saw something different. " she admitted.
"What did you see in this vision unnie? Chaeng asked
"Uhh, Momo kills Mina in her anger and then spends the rest of her life in sorrow and regret. Something like that" Jihyo explained.
"We can't let that happen" Dahyun said 
"Exactly!" Sana said and looked at each one of us.
"How do we help?" Tzu asked with a sigh and we all came up with a plan. 
We tried to get the two of them together where ever we could. We tried to be discreet while silently planning for ways to get them to end up together. We were successful for two weeks. We were having another meeting in Jihyo's room when the doors flew open and an angry Mina stormed in. We'd also gotten to know Mina better and she fit among us as if she'd always been there. 
"What.Are.You.Doing.Here?" She spat fuming.
"Minarii... We were just helping!" Sana explained
We all stayed quietly and watched the Mina VS Sana showdown. It was quite intense. I never wanted to face an angry Mina ever again. She was scary!
She stormed out of the room and we stayed in silence. 
"Okay, we are ending this here and now!" Jihyo told us and we nodded and left for training. 

Tzuyu's POV:
Mina unnie was mad at us and she ignored us the whole time during training. She clung on to Momo unnie until we had to go back. It was awkward. Even though we hadn't been doing anything wrong, it felt like we'd committed a sin.
We all had dinner in silence. Momo unnie didn't seem to notice the awkward atmosphere at all! She was oblivious to the glares Mina unnie was giving us all. I observed Mina and Momo unnie to see if they would actually match well. Both of them were scary, both of them had that 'I will kill you' look when they were mad, both of them worked hard so maybe they did. 
I sighed and finished my food in silence. It was Momo unnie's and my turn to clean the kitchen today. She began to wash the dishes while I cleaned the counters. 
"What's it like to be the queen?" I asked her. 
She replied after a few seconds "It's like being tied to this realm. I can feel the emotions of those around me, I can read minds like Jihyo and even predict some certain things. Being a queen means I have an affinity to all the various wielders. It's a very big responsibility and it comes with a price I am sure"
"Price?" I asked her
"Pain." She answered. I got the feeling she didn't want to elaborate on that so, I left it there.
"You, Chaengie and  Mina have improved a lot. You guys can now trek the whole mountain without spilling a drop of water from the bucket. You three can also fight well. Your punches, kicks and flips are pretty accurate. You guys are good. Jihyo said she wants you guys to fight the other four tomorrow.. Let's see how that goes" She said looking outside the window. I hummed in response and went into my room.
Chae was already sleeping when I entered. I smiled and pulled the blanket to cover her. I slipped under the covers slowly making sure Chae doesn't wake up. Sleep claimed me and I had a dreamless peaceful sleep.

Momo's POV:
I wasn't able to sleep. I had been tossing and turning in bed until I finally gave up and got up from the bed and walked outside. I aimlessly walked to the cliff where I usually trained and sat down with my legs dangling off the edge. I wondered how many people would die in this oncoming war. How many of them would go back home hurt and how many people will be scarred from the horrors that they witnessed. I silently wished there was another way to unite the sides without the destruction and pain. I sighed internally and lifted my hand. It was wreathed in silver flame. This was the power the queen had. The power of light. While the dark queen had it too, but she had the power of darkness. Silver moonlight shot from my palm and filled the valley. 
"It's beautiful" I heard someone say and turned to find Mina standing behind me. I looked back at the valley and asked her "How long have you been there?" 
"I.. Uh woke up and noticed you weren't there, so I looked around the house. You weren't there either so I just guessed and came here." she replied. 
"Why are you standing? Sit next to me" I told her as I pat the ground. She sat down and smiled. She was pretty. Her eyes were enchanting. It was like an evil spell cast by an enchantress to trap you within. Her aura, though it seemed familiar seemed to be dangerous. For a moment a vague thought crossed my mind. She joined us the day we left, and has been here since... No one joined the academy that late though so could she be a threat? I let that trail of thought go and decided to observe things more keenly from now on.
"So you're the queen of the realm and the queen of light " She stated. I just nodded and looked at the starry sky.
"Legends say that only the most powerful queen can summon light" she continued as I started identifying patterns in the sky. I looked back at her and asked "So?" 
"You're one of the strongest then. But the other queen cannot summon the power of the dark I heard" she told me. I stilled and then looked away. How did she know that? Who was she?
"Come on, its really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter