Darkness

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV:

I opened my eyes to a dark room and moved my head to find my brother standing outside. I closed my eyes and tried to forget the past events.  I couldn't get the way the others looked at me out of my head. Hatred. Betrayal. Hurt. Anger. Those were all written on their faces. And Momo- she'd looked at me with such cold hatred that I wanted to just disappear.  I messed up. I should have mended things when I had the chance. I made things like this. I helped them even though I had always known it was wrong. Why. Why couldn't I do the right thing? I had no energy left in me to cry anymore. I stood up and went over to the familiar door. I was back. Back in my prison. The place I hated. Despised. I turned over my hand to find the invisible chains. I tugged on them to feel the pain as they pulled me back. But I was desperate to feel more pain. All my life I had been locked here. And when.. When I'd been given a chance to attain freedom I'd screwed it up to end up back in this hell hole. I had disappointed all the people who had been hoping I'd free them. Free them from this pain and nightmare. I ignored the sting and walked to the tiny  window. It was rigged too. It hand rods which were always hot. I let the rods burn my hands but before I could do any substantial damage to it I was thrown back on my . I grunted. It had been days since I'd come here. At least It felt like that. I didn't know how long it had been and what was happening outside. But I knew that I would be called soon. I could have freed everyone here if.. and only if these locks were removed. But.. Only one person could do it and it was that witch sitting on my throne. On my bloody throne. I was the one gifted with the power of darkness. Not her. I let the familiar feeling of mental exhaustion claim me as I closed my eyes. I knew my mind and body couldn't take it anymore. I hadn't eaten in what felt like a long time. And I'd lost my appetite with my friends and my girlfriend.

I didn't know for how long I had been out but when I did wake up again, I was on a bed in a small room. I sighed and hugged myself. I was alone. I thought my brother had my back but he seemed to have allied with that witch. How could I trust him now? 

After years and years of pain and suffering I had found my happiness with all of them- my friends, my newfound family. And Momo…. Even before she knew what we were, she was always there for me. Supporting and loving. I remembered all those late night talks we had giggling and looking up at the stars. I missed her. Soo much. I wanted to get out of here. I felt tears falling on my knees as I rested my chin on it and closed my eyes. I wasn't going to sit here and sob. Nope. My mother hadn't suffered so much that I just gave up and cried. I had to help my people.  Someone had to. Everyone just assumed that the other kingdom was worse. That's what we had been told for a long time. But me having been there and seen the other side knew it was all a story. And this place called the kingdom of dark, it- It was like a hell in heaven. The world outside was so beautiful and magnificent while this place was horrible. I used to be proud of this place. I thought that we were doing the right thing. But over the months I realised that I had been wrong. I was determined to correct my mistake. I wanted to occupy myself to ease the pain in my head and heart. But, being in a cell wasn't the best way to correct it. I knew I'd have to co-operate with that and do something. After all I wasn't Sharon for nothing. I would win back their trust. I wanted to win back my friend's trust. Small steps Mina. I convinced myself. 

 

Momo's POV:

"So they just slaughtered them in broad daylight?" I asked Lisa for the nth time.

"Mo! I don't know, okay?" She yelled. I'd pushed too far. She'd lost everything too. It wasn't just me. I sighed and looked out of the window. How - How had they gotten in? I'd warded our entrance and all the other entrances were permanently sealed. I stared at the sky which was now slowly becoming orange as the sun rose.

"Sorry" I muttered and looked back at her. She just nodded and rubbed her temples. We'd been going on like this the whole night. Neither of us had even bothered to sleep. 

"What will you be telling the others?" she asked me as I turned back to look outside.

"The truth. Lies are of no use. It only hurts people more" I admitted. 

"Does... Do the others know that the queen is dead?" she asked me. I held back my tears. My parents were dead. But I couldn't cry. Nope. I had to be strong. Millions of lives depended on me. Me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter