Betrayal Part II

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo's POV:

I didn't honestly believe Lisa... I didn't know who she meant by 'they', but it couldn't be my parents as the blood lock couldn't be opened by anyone else. I ran behind Lisa as she took the lead and we entered the village. It was gone.. It.. It was destroyed. There were people killed on the streets. Innocent harmless people killed. Killed in one of the most secure places. It was a dream right? It was a horrendous sight!. People had been stabbed recklessly and were killed. The bodies were thrown in outside and there was so much blood!. How... Who had done this? Who had killed my people? I didn't stop my tears as they fell. Lisa sat down on the ground and pulled her knees to her.

I took a deep breath and walked across the square to my house. I knew my friends were behind me. My breathing turned heavy when  I noticed the door was ajar. I pushed it open and yelled "Mom? Dad?" I sprinted to their bedroom and froze. They were killed. My mother, the queen, was lying dead on the floor in a pool of blood. I fell to the floor when I saw that both my dad and mother had been shot with tiny bullets. No sound came out of me. I just stared and stared at their lifeless bodies. I couldn't move, couldn't think, could do nothing. They were dead. My parents were dead. The people who were living here were dead. Dead. Murdered. I had failed. As a queen it was my duty to protect them. I couldn't find any tears left in me to cry. Today couldn't get any worse I'd thought but now I was wrong. I knew it had something to do with the attack yesterday, but I didn't want it to be true. Never would this small village be a happy place again. I silently rose and went past Sana and Jeong who were quietly standing there.

"They were my parents" I told them in a small whisper as we went down the stairs. They nodded and said "We guessed as much"

"Um.. Momo unnie? I found this over there" Chae called out.

I took the envelope and opened it. It was a card with the dark insignia on it. I couldn't take it anymore. They came into my territory and killed my people. I wasn't going to accept this situation. I knew my power had snapped out of the shell I kept it in as I sensed some life presences outside.  I went out to see 9 dark guards standing there and sneering at me. I snarled and let my power flow. At the same time a dark gust of wind came from the opposite direction. From the wind stood a woman whose face I could recognize anywhere.

I let the daylight seep back into this dark gloomy hole and looked at the woman. The dark queen. I immediately clicked a shield into place protecting me and my friends from that . As if to tease and taunt me a trail of dark ribbons made s their way up my shield checking for a weak point.

"So..." she began and I snarled. She smirked and continued "Your mother was quite the queen you know? Hiding this place from me all these years. What else did she hide I wonder. Oh wait.. She hid you didn't she?  Hmmmm... She died too easily you know? Didn't even put up a fight. It actually confused me if I'd sent these cronies to the right place. I'm sure you know this but she had tricked me quite well in the past. Years ago I almost fell into a trap designed by a teenager. Never am I going to make that mistake again. But I am quite curious to see how their abandoned daughter will make a difference. Or will she too hide behind shields? Sadly like all queens before you, You will lose. Just a fair warning from my side. Consider it a coronation gift. More like a tip.....What's the word? Tsk... I'm getting old.  Ah.. Got it. It's advice "

I calmed myself down and told Jihyo to send a message to everyone on our side to stand behind me. I pulled the shield tighter and closer to all of us and strengthened it by letting more of my power in. I could go and fight her right now, but I knew that I probably wouldn't win. Not because I was weak or anything, but because I wasn't prepared and wasn't in my right state of mind. I didn't want to give in to my anger and make rash decisions. 

"So weak.. Just like your mother. Though I must say I am quite confused as to why they abandoned you.. Oh my, family problems? I have those too... My brother was quite annoying, he always despised my powers you see. So, one day I challenged him to a duel and killed him. It was quite fun. Ah those days were the best. How I yearn to be free like that again. You are quite the fighter though. I was thoroughly impressed by your skills, but then again, your soulmate is even better isn't she? Hmm, wait. Is she your soulmate? Or were you tricked? Well well well, even I don't know the truth. You see, Sharon is one of my most skilled warriors... Ah wait, you know her as Mi-na. " she mocked and emphasized on the word Mina

I controlled the raging emotions and calmed myself. She could talk and say whatever she wanted to, but when the time comes she would die. I would kill her. She killed my parents so it was only fair that I killed her.

I looked when the guards moved revealing Mina wearing the uniform of a high ranking dark guard. I stared at her with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter